+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1656Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

CA - sorry you didn't get that job.
    Count your blessings!

Believe me Canadian Angel, I know exactly how you feel, and there's nothing silly about it. I've never been turned down for so many jobs in my life as I have in the last couple of years. Even jobs that, at one time, no one even wanted. It's a very depressing feeling.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I feel silly for being upset about this, but I didn't get a job I really hoped for and wanted. It looks like there won't be much open either past December in my field/profession. So bummed!

So, what are you going to do in the meantime? I'm not trying to be a smartA, but you do have to think about that. There is nothing I hated more than periods of inaction on my resume...and somebody was, inevitably, going to ask what I was doing when I wasn't working. Volunteer work, if nothing else, because future employers liked to see that you weren't just sitting around doing nothing. Good luck to you.
    Bunny555 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    So, what are you going to do in the meantime? I'm not trying to be a smartA, but you do have to think about that. There is nothing I hated more than periods of inaction on my resume...and somebody was, inevitably, going to ask what I was doing when I wasn't working. Volunteer work, if nothing else, because future employers liked to see that you weren't just sitting around doing nothing. Good luck to you.
    In this economy, they know why you weren't working. There are so few jobs that potential employers really are less likely to ask about gaps in your resume.

So sorry about the job CA. I'm right there with you and I know how frustrating it is. Hang in there. It HAS to get better, I know it!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    In this economy, they know why you weren't working. There are so few jobs that potential employers really are less likely to ask about gaps in your resume.

So sorry about the job CA. I'm right there with you and I know how frustrating it is. Hang in there. It HAS to get better, I know it!
    I agree! I have been looking as well and it's tough now. I'm with you Critical, it HAS to get better! In the mean time, hang in there.

Thank you all! It's really such a shame that jobs (good ones) are so hard to come by. It just seems like so much of the time it's who you know, not what kind of work you do (or how good you are at your job).

It will get better!

This is a sad time for me. One of my former students has apparently drowned in a river nearby. He was a library kid, so I spent many years in his elementary days with him at recess. He was a cool kid. So sad. Sorry, I am at a loss for words.

Oh no Cootie! I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with all who knew and loved him.
    CYA

Oh dear, Cootie... there are no words for this.
    Count your blessings!

So sorry to hear this, Cootie. That's really sad.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread