+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I totally agree with this. A couple of weeks ago my 18 yo went out with some friends to an event about 75 miles away from our town and on the way back their car got clipped by a drunk driver! He actually took the side view mirror off the car they were in!! I am so thankful it wasn't worse. My son did contact me, but sent me a text. I was just thinking, "You could have been killed and you send me a TEXT"!?!?
    Bunny, I am very glad your son is okay!!

DesertRose, I'm very sorry for your loss.
    Ah yes, case in point.....not saying that this is what happened, but in some teens minds, if I can tell you that we were clipped by a "drunk driver" as opposed to "I misjudged my clearance or wasn't paying close attention", you are less likely to be crazy mad at me and grateful that the "drunk driver" didn't do worse damage! That makes it a win-win situation, and explains the damage. No harm, no foul! Kids are something else! Nothing malicious.

And texts are safer than you hearing the hemming and hawing and stammering in my voice!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Okay....Uncle!

My son collapsed Monday, May 9, seizure, brain tumor, helicopter ride, surgery, etc.

What I've not shared with anyone was on Friday, May 6, my husband lost his job. Haha. How's that for a challenge?

Yowsah...... when it rains, it pours

Do I seem crazy? Not yet...holding on.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Okay....Uncle!

My son collapsed Monday, May 9, seizure, brain tumor, helicopter ride, surgery, etc.

What I've not shared with anyone was on Friday, May 6, my husband lost his job. Haha. How's that for a challenge?

Yowsah...... when it rains, it pours

Do I seem crazy? Not yet...holding on.
    I am with you - holding on. My sympathies go out to you and your husband. I hope this turns around for you very soon. And that your son continues to improve each day. I have a brother who had a tumor removed from his brain after a year of h--l, and he is doing great. I hope that helps you stay positive??

My problems pale in comparison to so many who post in this thread. But I am due to receive a pink slip in a few days as a part of budget woes in my school district. My job is scheduled to be reduced by nearly 60 days. Libraries all over the country are seen as a solution for budget cuts. What is so sad is that most of the school library employees I know put in countless extra hours already to stay ready to serve their students. I mean hundreds per year. So these cuts are cruel. And the kids are going to suffer.

Oh SugarMama, I'm here with you......... there is nothing on earth worse than a child who is sick with something terrifying. Let us know how he is when you have a moment.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

SugarMama -- you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Ah yes, case in point.....not saying that this is what happened, but in some teens minds, if I can tell you that we were clipped by a "drunk driver" as opposed to "I misjudged my clearance or wasn't paying close attention", you are less likely to be crazy mad at me and grateful that the "drunk driver" didn't do worse damage! That makes it a win-win situation, and explains the damage. No harm, no foul! Kids are something else! Nothing malicious.

And texts are safer than you hearing the hemming and hawing and stammering in my voice!
    In this case my son wasn't the driver and it the vehicle was his friend's car, so he personally really didn't have anything to gain by making up the story. HOWEVER, it is always possible that they all told the same story in case parents started talking.
    In this particular case I do think this was a true story because I talked to him on the phone immediately after this text and there was no hesitation. Plus, when he got home he was so amped up about the whole situation it was the ONLY thing he could talk about for hours!

SugarMama, my thoughts are with you. I cannot imagine what it is like to deal with a sick child and the uncertainty of a job loss only adds to that stress. I hope your husband is able to find employment soon and that your son recovers as quickly as possible.

Cootie, good luck to you as well with finding another job. Unemployment is a scary prospect. It is even more unfortunate in this case that the students are losing a great resource.

Sugar Mama,

My thoughts and prayers and with you.
    My best friend's sister just had surgery on her brain tumor and is still taking radiation / chemo for such.

May things get better for your family soon.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

SugarMama keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Cootie I never will understand the thoughts of people making budget cuts... . Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Then to son's who don't call or tell... when they are older, you find out all kinds of things that happened and they didn't choose to share with you.

to all going through difficult times.

I feel silly for being upset about this, but I didn't get a job I really hoped for and wanted. It looks like there won't be much open either past December in my field/profession. So bummed!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I feel silly for being upset about this, but I didn't get a job I really hoped for and wanted. It looks like there won't be much open either past December in my field/profession. So bummed!
    Never feel silly for any emotions you may feel CA. i'm so sorry that you didn't get the job you wanted but life has a way of handing us wins and losses. in the end, the right job will find you. Hang in there!
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread