+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1656Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I cannot believe that my son has apparently chosen to stay out all night, He is 18 and knows to call if he won't be home. I call his cell and get a recording. This is not the child that I raised. He knows what I went through when his sister went missing.....worried and so freaking mad at the same time!
    Last edited by Bunny555; 05-28-2011 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    I cannot believe that my son has apparently chosen to stay out all night, He is 18 and knows to call if he won't be home. I call his cell and get a recording. This is not the child that I raised. He knows what I went through when his sister went missing.....worried and so freaking mad at the same time!
    I do hope all is ok. You have every right to be angry when you see him.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Not to mention you just went through this with him about a month ago. Time for repercussions. Let us know when he turns up.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Not to mention you just went through this with him about a month ago. Time for repercussions. Let us know when he turns up.
    Thanks to those of you that reached out. via this forum and PM. I ended up having to make a 45 minute drive after these boys hit a deer with their car on their way back from a party. It was a nightmare as I had to work 2 jobs yesterday after I got home but everyone is safe and sound (except the deer :-()

Oh dear, Bunny, sounds like a crazy time. I am so glad the boys are safe. Thanks for letting us know. I have been worried for you. My daughter just arrived home for the weekend after a 90 minute drive through deer country at dusk. It is so good to have her home safe and sound.

Relieved to hear your son is ok. But really, he should have called.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Glad to hear your son is okay, Bunny. It's no wonder our hair turns gray raising kids!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Relieved to hear your son is ok. But really, he should have called.
    WHy on earth didn't he? It sounds as if he had to be rescued anyway...not a lot of cars come out just fine after a collision with a deer! But glad all the humans are OK.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He didn't call because he's a guy....and they are just different. And I recall, as a normal teen (even as a female), we usually had to get our stories together before we called anybody! Not that we were doing anything earthshakingly bad, but we had to all be on the same page.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    He didn't call because he's a guy....and they are just different. And I recall, as a normal teen (even as a female), we usually had to get our stories together before we called anybody! Not that we were doing anything earthshakingly bad, but we had to all be on the same page.
    I totally agree with this. A couple of weeks ago my 18 yo went out with some friends to an event about 75 miles away from our town and on the way back their car got clipped by a drunk driver! He actually took the side view mirror off the car they were in!! I am so thankful it wasn't worse. My son did contact me, but sent me a text. I was just thinking, "You could have been killed and you send me a TEXT"!?!?

Bunny, I am very glad your son is okay!!

DesertRose, I'm very sorry for your loss.

+ Reply to Thread