+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

DesertRose, thanks so much for letting us know about your father and your sister. Your grief will play out in it's own time. I hope that you find some joyful memories of your time with your father along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    I'm very sorry for everyone's trouble. I haven't visited this board in a while, but felt I needed to update you all on my father, who I mentionned a few times in the troubles thread. He passed away at 63 years of age, a month ago, on Palms Sunday. Although it was expected, his death took us all by surprise. Still, my mom, my sister and I were lucky to be with him at the time of his passing and it was a beautiful moment. We were able to talk to him and tell him we loved him. It is still a big comfort to me that I was able to do so. I'm just now starting to realize that he's not gone temporarily, but permanently and yesterday was quite a hard day as it was his one month death anniversary. I imagine all the firsts will be hard...
    We've been lucky to be surrounded by loving friends and family.
    On a positive note, my sister's pregnancy is going very well and she seems past the dangerous stage. In a couple of weeks, we'll know the sex of the baby. We can't wait to have some joy in our life!
    Sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I lost my dad 5 years ago, and Fathers' Day is still very hard. I'm glad you have your sister's baby to look forward to. I hope her pregnancy continues to go well.
    Count your blessings!

DesertRose, healing thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

DesertRose, I'm so sorry for the loss of your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I have been looking forward to the premier of So You Think You Can Dance for weeks.

A half hour before showtime, I get a call from our divorcing landlords' realtor telling us we're going to be getting a 30 day notice to vacate any day now.

So after throwing a few things and crying hysterically for about 10 minutes, I had to spend the last couple hours scrambling to contact a potential new landlord and beg him to rent his not-so-great-but-better-than-being-on-the-street house to us.

So, I am missing the show.

And looking at moving into a less-than-adequate house, that nevertheless, is better than being on the street.

IF this guy decides to rent to us.

Prayers, thoughts, vibes appreciated. We've moved 14 times in 13 years, but this is the first time we've ever been forced to move, and with such short notice.

Ack, I am so sorry to hear! That is just an awful situation to be in. Hopefully things fall into place for you in a short time.

Oh, Fierce, I'm so sorry to be reading about your troubles. I just can't imagine that many moves in that period of time.

I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way that things soon pick up for you and DH.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Sending good thoughts and happy vibes your way, fierce critter.

As someone who has had to move twice in the last two years, both on pretty short notice, I feel your pain. Add 3 dogs to the mix, and it was a pretty stressful time.

I hope everything works out and soon so you don't have to worry any more.

FORT Fogey

fierce critter: sending you my thoughts. Hope everything works out.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Yet another update. And happy to say this forum is no longer the appropriate place for it. About to compose in the "Share Your Good News" thread.

+ Reply to Thread