+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    just because someone is related by blood, does not mean they need to be in a persons life. If they are toxic they should be erased from your life. I've done it. I know people that have done it to siblings, parents, cousins, etc.
    Yep, best thing I ever did was cut my toxic sister out of my life. I have been much happier for the last 7 years now having to deal with her crap.

Just because they are blood, doesn't mean you have to deal with them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm very close to my sister. We don't always see each other as much as we'd like because of our busy lives, but I know she will always be there for me if I need her, as I will for her. My oldest brother is another story. Not that he's toxic by any means. It's just that he is 18 years older than me, and because of that, we don't have much of a relationship. He was out of the house by the time I got old enough to remember anything, and his kids are around my age. We get along ok, are polite to each other and all that, but we just don't have anything in common. Plus, he lives in Wasilla Alaska and is a BIG fan of Sarah Palin, which is just something that I can not tolerate!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Thanks for your responses, guys! I try not to deal with her. It isn't as easy as I hoped it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    I've mentionned in this thread that my father was diagnosed with a rare disease, multisystem atrophy. Just 2 weeks ago he was at my house, doing relatively well. He's now in the hospital, waiting for a room in the palliative care to open. He's basically at the end of the road and is hoping to pass away to end the suffering he's going through. It's a very difficult moment for my mom, myself and my sister. My sister and I and our family were scheduled to leave on a long awaited vacation to Cancun next week, which we will now have to cancel because we want to spend whatever little time we have left with my parents.
    Any thoughts and prayers for strength and a peaceful death would be greatly appreciated.

On top of that, my sister is in her 11th week of pregnancy and we are all worried about her because of her past miscarriages. We are hoping that dealing with this situation will not put a strain on the baby.
    I'm very sorry for everyone's trouble. I haven't visited this board in a while, but felt I needed to update you all on my father, who I mentionned a few times in the troubles thread. He passed away at 63 years of age, a month ago, on Palms Sunday. Although it was expected, his death took us all by surprise. Still, my mom, my sister and I were lucky to be with him at the time of his passing and it was a beautiful moment. We were able to talk to him and tell him we loved him. It is still a big comfort to me that I was able to do so. I'm just now starting to realize that he's not gone temporarily, but permanently and yesterday was quite a hard day as it was his one month death anniversary. I imagine all the firsts will be hard...
    We've been lucky to be surrounded by loving friends and family.
    On a positive note, my sister's pregnancy is going very well and she seems past the dangerous stage. In a couple of weeks, we'll know the sex of the baby. We can't wait to have some joy in our life!

I'm so sorry for your loss DesertRose.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Desert Rose, I am so sorry for your loss.

Death, even if not unexpected, is very difficult to deal with.
    My prayers are with you and your family.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Thanks for your responses, guys! I try not to deal with her. It isn't as easy as I hoped it would be.
    I've found it to be quite helpful and personally strengthening to put up my hand (in the "talk to the hand", way that we do) and say, out loud, "Permission Denied!" You can do this whether you are in somebody's presence or not! Believe it or not, it helps.......the trick is that YOU have to believe what you've just said.....or say it until you mean it! It will come!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Desert Rose, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope the memories of the time you spent with your dad at the end will be a comfort to you and your family.

DesertRose - my heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Desert Rose, I am sorry for your loss but hope you are comforted that your father was surrounded by all who loved him. Continued best wishes for your sister's pregnancy.

+ Reply to Thread