+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

My kids and I always say "I love you" on the phone, in person, or chatting on facebook just before we ring off. It's a nice tradition.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My kids and I always say "I love you" on the phone, in person, or chatting on facebook just before we ring off. It's a nice tradition.
    I do it with my folks and my brother and sister in law and my cousin elizabeth
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I think that is very sweet, Gut. When my 25 y.o. son moved into his own apartment a few years ago he started saying "love you" to me whenever he ended his conversation with me. It was entirely unprompted and I thought it was so sweet. During his teen years we butted heads quite often so seeing this more mature side of him was a welcome change. Now, I always end my conversations with him and my dad with an "I love you", as well.

My oldest child was always very difficult, so it's special coming from her. She was away at college when I went through my cancer ordeal and it changed her. I guess she never questioned that I would be there and difficult children who are loved unconditionally will feel safe defusing their emotions onto parents. Not always pleasant for us, but once she had the scare put into her that I could be gone from her life, she became a model, loving daughter. Life's funny that way.
    Count your blessings!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

After 9/11 our kids started saying "I love you" when taking their leave or ringing off. It became a habit. Our youngest, for a while after that dreadful day, would add "Don't die" while saying good-bye.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think 9/11 had that kind of effect on a lot of people....I know I'd a bit lost contact with my brothers...no fights, just mutually busy lives,...after that we stayed in much better touch, and were much more open with each other. My younger brother died suddenly last summer, and although I miss him at least I don't doubt he knew I cared about him.
    Guess we are getting off topic, but it is a countermeasure to troubles...

I have a very close friend that is in the hospital and needs prayers. He has diabetes and had to have his foot amputated. His kidneys are failing either from infection or shock. He has 2 small children and is a wonderful man. He is my Boyfriends bestfriend. Thank you to everyone. I know there is much healing in prayer and I know all of you have supported me in so many ways. Thank you again.

BlondOne,
    My prayers are with you and your BF's friend.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

My prayers and thoughts go out.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Sent up prayers BlondeOne.

My brother-in-law just found out that there is no cure for the cancer he has. It has spread to other parts of his body and chemo is all they can do for him right now. My sister is devastated as we just lost our mom 2 1/2 months ago. God's grace is sufficient in time of need and He will see us through.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread