+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm so sorry for everyone who has suffered a loss, my heart goes out to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm so sorry for everyone who has suffered a loss, my heart goes out to all of you.
    Couldn't say it any better.

Prayers to all of you.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    We just learned today that last night one of my husband's dearest friends was struck by a hit and run driver as he was crossing a busy street and died shortly thereafter at the hospital. He and my husband knew each other for 36 years and they both started on the job together. They retired within a year of one another. He and his friend are antique car enthusiasts and would often see each other at car shows. One town over from here every Friday night in good weather car buffs meet in the parking lot of the railroad station anytime after 6; it's very informal. My husband owns a 1948 Lincoln that is his pride and joy and he was going to go. The weather wasn't that great, though, and he thought better of it. Well, this is where his friend was struck. He was crossing the street with another friend to get a bite to eat sometime after 9 pm when he was struck by the car which never stopped. I shudder to think if my husband had decided to go after all. He may have witnessed his dear friend being struck or he may, himself have been killed. We are both in a state of shock. His 2 adult children lost their mom to cancer 2 years ago. I feel so badly for them. I cannot understand how someone could hit a person and just keep going.
    OMG how horrific. Loving thoughts are with you and your family at this time. I will keep this poor man's family in my prayers as well.

Healing and strength to all who are suffering. Sad to hear so many of you are.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Eastcoastmom -- What a horrible and sad story. My heart goes out to you, your hubby, and his friend's family. Your family has endured a lot of sadness and tragedy; may there be no more.

So much sad news in this thread lately, and so many sudden deaths. My condolences to everyone who has lost family and friends.

This is another reminder to me to not take my coworkers, friends, and loved ones for granted. You never know when you will have to say good-bye, or even a chance to say it.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Thanks all for your kind words. We found out later yesterday that the hit and run driver turned himself into the police. He is being arraigned today on charges of "leaving the scene of an accident with death." I didn't realize one could be arraigned on a Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie View Post
    So much sad news in this thread lately, and so many sudden deaths. My condolences to everyone who has lost family and friends.

This is another reminder to me to not take my coworkers, friends, and loved ones for granted. You never know when you will have to say good-bye, or even a chance to say it.
    Include your little four legged critters also, or slithering, or any of G~d's creatures.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

well my weekend was filled with news of people dying or about to die or the unknown of which way it will go. My friends dad is dying, he didn't know who is sons wife was and asked for his own wife who has been gone 12 years now. My future son in laws dad died and his funeral is today. I feel so bad for him and his family as his dad's death was unexpected. My friends grandson is going back on the kidney transplant list as far as I know and my friend who lived next door to me just stopped in with her dog who I was very close to and she has a prescription for the dog but the vet said that she has less then about a month to decide when she should put her down. Does is ever end? I just want to go away for awhile where no one knows where I am....sheesh

Thank you all for your prayers. The service for my grandmother was beautiful. I'm so thankful I was able to be 'home' twice in her final 5 weeks. Even though she was 95 she was so vibrant that it's hard to realize she is really gone, but I'm thankful she's not suffering anymore. My mother is doing well, despite the circumstances, although I'm sure Sunday will be difficult. My younger sister is also going to have a hard time since she's been doing so much for my grandmother this last year, bringing her food and groceries, etc. They also shared a birthday, which I've always thought was such a great thing. Never did I ever consider how that would feel once my grandmother was gone.

It was a good thing my husband didn't go with me as we did have more water in the basement that he had to vacuum out. He was able to take my daugther to see Spam-A-Lot which they loved, so I'm glad they had a bonding time.

Prayers for all of the other losses this past week. It seems like so many.

A good friend of mine used to tell her immediate family she loved them as she would hang up the phone. Before that while I loved my sisters I would not have ended a phone call that way. I asked her about it once and she said she did that in case that was the last time she ever got to speak to them she wanted to make sure she had told them she loved them. Ever since then I have tried to end my phone calls that way and now my sisters also say it. It was a good reminder that we just never know what will happen. That was 20 years ago and it impacted my life so much that I never forgot it.

+ Reply to Thread