+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Sorry for your troubles RLM. Mothers can be so hurtful. When I got divorced (husband cheated with best friend) my mother (who thinks the sun rises and sets around him) told me I should never marry again because I can't sustain a relationship with a man. She's coming out this way next week and planned her time with me AFTER she planned her time with him. I have to take a day off work so that his schedule will fit with hers.
    I'm sorry, but after ALL she's done, I'd be damned if I'd change my schedule to suit her. "mom, this is when I'm available. If that doesn't fit your plans, then I guess I'll see you next time."
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I know, MRD, but she is my mom and I don't see her often. I think she finallly realizes that she messed me up last year, and I'm really happy where I am right now. There's enough love to go around.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I know, MRD, but she is my mom and I don't see her often. I think she finallly realizes that she messed me up last year, and I'm really happy where I am right now. There's enough love to go around.
    You truly have a magnanimous heart and kind soul, Gutmutter. I don't think I'd have it in me. You really are a special lady.

Yuck! I have no answers or advice other than I understand. This must have been the weekend for bad times with family members.
    Families (Moms) can be so hurtful...I try not to think about them. Sometimes I don't even think they realize what they say and how it effects us or in my Pollyanna world, I hope they don't.
    I am happy in my own little world and keep their involvement in it in small doses. I try to ignore the hateful and hurtful things that they say, and think thank you that I live 5-6 hours away. I am glad that I have a yard that I can dig in the dirt and bury the hurt. Months later, a flower will bloom and I will look at it in a different light.

Reality--your situation really sucks! Do you live close to your sisters? It sounds like they are close by if there can be screaming and tantrums you can't escape from! If it were me I would move and not tell them! (At least for about 6 months) Let them wonder and decide who to scream at and back stab then if you are no longer the available target.

FORT Fogey

Yes, we do live close to one another. I lived with my older sister often when we both lived at home. She never said a word to me the whole time. I am hoping to move really far away soon as I plan to go to graduate school really far away. When I was away for college, things were not as bad because I was far away.

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for all the hugs and kind thoughts. It really helps as I live on the other side of the world from everything.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

sending warm thoughts to everyone. I had a crap day this am and got to tell you, when I felt the ugliest, I turned on my "Mona" look, and started to laugh. {Thank you, Paul!} And now-visualizing my particular Mona look is even funnier!

Anytime - Gives me a warm feeling when these things are remembered and used!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Paul. Definitely moments when I feel like that! A great antidote for the day to day kinds of troubles.

+ Reply to Thread