+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1772Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm so sorry, DR. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh, DR, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Such a hard time for your family.
    Having been thru the "heart-storm" of losing parents, even though old ('90's) it's still so difficult. Sending you lots of prayers and good thougths.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    I've mentionned in this thread that my father was diagnosed with a rare disease, multisystem atrophy. Just 2 weeks ago he was at my house, doing relatively well. He's now in the hospital, waiting for a room in the palliative care to open. He's basically at the end of the road and is hoping to pass away to end the suffering he's going through. It's a very difficult moment for my mom, myself and my sister. My sister and I and our family were scheduled to leave on a long awaited vacation to Cancun next week, which we will now have to cancel because we want to spend whatever little time we have left with my parents.
    Any thoughts and prayers for strength and a peaceful death would be greatly appreciated.

On top of that, my sister is in her 11th week of pregnancy and we are all worried about her because of her past miscarriages. We are hoping that dealing with this situation will not put a strain on the baby.
    Healing thoughts to you and your family. I hope your sister is able to maintain her pregnancy safely. Sorry you had to cancel your vacation. This is one of those times when family trumps everything else. I hope you are all able to express your love for one another. I'll be thinking of you all.
    Count your blessings!

Thoughts and prayers DR.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

DesertRose, sending you strength and healing prayers to you and your family. I think it's wonderful to be able to know in advance and prepare yourselves. Hopefully your sister will be ok.

Thinking of you and your family DR.

DesertRose, my thoughts are with you. I hope your sister is doing okay. Stay strong, this is a tough time for you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    As many of you know, I lost my daughter to a car accident two months ago. On St Patrick's day, I received a call from my 18 year old son that he had been in an accident. He is fine but my faith in humanity has really been put to the test. The woman that blindsided him was quick to convince him that all they needed to do was exchange insurance info.....he called police and they said that was fine as long as both parties agreed, I had a bad feling as soon as he told me this and as it turned out, I was right. He called the insurance compamy with the info she had given him and all of it was bogus. They never heard of her, the name, address, insurance number etc.. were all ficticious. I hope she can live wirh her pitiful self after doing this to a trusting young adult.
    I haven't been around as much lately so I had not heard this. Bunny, I am so very sorry for your loss. I cannot even begin to imagine what you have been going through. I am so glad that your son is okay, how scary that must have been!

Sending prayers out tonight to all of you who are going through hard times.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 04-06-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Ok, I need the wisdom of my friends. My son said he was spending the night with his girlfriend because she was afraid to stay alone while her family was gone for the evening. Ok, fine...... He left yesterday and didn't take his laptop which he never leaves without. Something is fishy I thought to myself..... I've been blocked from most of his online sites but happen to know the address to his tumblr account and he doesn't know. He went to a concert in Hollywood with her last night. His blood counts are so low he could pick up a virus from anywhere and he put himself in danger with thousands of people around and lied.

Anyway, how do I approach this without letting him know that I have seen this stuff on his site? I don't want to be blocked from the one thing I have left to see what he really does. They are coming to dinner tonight and my hubby says I need to just relax and try to pull it out of him later like next week when he and I are alone in Los Angeles while he is getting his chemo treatment. Grrrrr He is a normal 18 year old except for the fact that he has cancer and is going through chemo that ruins his body. It's irresponsible of him to put himself in this situation especially when his cancer may be going into remission!
    Yup, with donuts!!

YOur husband is right, approach him about later even if you have to say that someone saw him there and told you!! What's done is done and I am sure your son knows what he risked but he probably wanted to feel like normal tennager for one night took the risk. I hope everything works out and no harm comes from this.

+ Reply to Thread