+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    That's terrible Bunny but glad your son is okay. In our province, police HAVE to be notified if the damage is over $1000 (which isn't much these days). The police kind of fell down on this one if you ask me. That woman will have karma bite her in the a*s. I agree with CA
    The same is true in my state about notifying the police. I got rear-ended by a guy many years ago, it was dark, raining and I had a bad cold and two little kids in the car. I managed to keep him from hitting me too hard by how I braked my car, so we weren't hurt and neither was my car, really. But I was so scared that when he pulled over and gave me his phone number (a phony one) that I didn't even think to write down his license plate numbers.

I am so glad that your son is okay, Bunny.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Bunny, I am also so glad and thankful that your son is okay. That woman has some nasty karma headed her way. Wishing you both the best, always.

Bunny555 I am so glad your son is okay.

Bunny......... we need a vacation from all of these things that keep happening to us!! I love you!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Bunny,

I am so sorry to hear this. Even more sorry as your son seems to believe in the inherent good in people. I truly hope that faith is not shattered for him by this woman's lack of a moral compass.
    I am truly thrilled that he was not hurt, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Just a reminder - when dealing with a stranger, you can always use your cell and take a photo of them and thier license plate/car.

Yowza! I wouldn't take a picture of a stranger with my phone! There are some really crazy people out there! The license plate and car, maybe.
    Count your blessings!

I have never been more livid than I am at this moment. I need a safe place to vent, so here I am.

Last night, in my tiny community, an 11 year old boy tried to hang himself in the park. Luckily, a group of kids found him and called 911. They careflighted him but he was awake and breathing by the time they loaded him. My husband and son are both on the FD so they had to witness this horrible event. The part that makes me angry is....when I logged onto facebook this morning, several people had posted about it, asking for prayers. That part is fine. Get a prayer chain going. BUT they posted his name. HIS NAME!!! Then they proceeded to spout every rumor out there about it. When I saw his name in print, I flipped out. I walked away for a couple of hours to cool down before I posted, but I had to let them all know what I thought of that. Pretty sure I'll be missing a few friends on FB by days end and I'm ok with that.

What kind of person would post his name? He's a minor and aren't they worried that a member of his family might see that? Like they aren't dealing with enough right now. I'm just sooooo angry. My heart goes out to this poor kid and his family. And people are exploiting them by showing off because they know his identity. Some people have NO class.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Some people are heartless idiots! Will be praying for this child and family.

Mike quit his job on Sat. He was miserable so I definitely understand why he did it but it is happening at a most inopportune time! He is applying for jobs and has a few leads. Thinking about school but he's not much of a student so that is a little out of my realm of understanding right now. Just not understanding what he would be "going for" if he decides on that.

I just got a temporary crown at beginning of March and just had the root canal yesterday. 2 weeks to finish the rest of it and the following week the final crown. The dentist said I could pay in thirds so the next 2 payments will be due. Crown cost me $600 my part and the root canal was $300. My dental insurance is a max f $1500 a year (of what the insurance part pays) so I am out for the rest of the year with dental work or I pay out of pocket.

Just need some good thought/positive vibes/a few prayers if you are so inclined. I know it could be way worse so I am thankful its not.

+ Reply to Thread