+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1589Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I'd have to go over if it was me, but I'd suggest not going alone. Good luck.
    I finally got her on the phone and she is okay...thanks for the help..I appreciate it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

That's a relief. I'm happy she's okay. My father was an alcoholic so I know how tough that situation can be. I wish your friend luck with her new future.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

As many of you know, I lost my daughter to a car accident two months ago. On St Patrick's day, I received a call from my 18 year old son that he had been in an accident. He is fine but my faith in humanity has really been put to the test. The woman that blindsided him was quick to convince him that all they needed to do was exchange insurance info.....he called police and they said that was fine as long as both parties agreed, I had a bad feling as soon as he told me this and as it turned out, I was right. He called the insurance compamy with the info she had given him and all of it was bogus. They never heard of her, the name, address, insurance number etc.. were all ficticious. I hope she can live wirh her pitiful self after doing this to a trusting young adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    As many of you know, I lost my daughter to a car accident two months ago. On St Patrick's day, I received a call from my 18 year old son that he had been in an accident. He is fine but my faith in humanity has really been put to the test. The woman that blindsided him was quick to convince him that all they needed to do was exchange insurance info.....he called police and they said that was fine as long as both parties agreed, I had a bad feling as soon as he told me this and as it turned out, I was right. He called the insurance compamy with the info she had given him and all of it was bogus. They never heard of her, the name, address, insurance number etc.. were all ficticious. I hope she can live wirh her pitiful self after doing this to a trusting young adult.
    Oh Bunny I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm surprised the police said it was fine. In my area, you cannot make a claim on your insurance if the accident or whatever it is that your claiming does not have a police report. The police have to actually come to the scene. They would have picked up on the bogus insurance if they would have filled out the necessary reports.

Now what? Can you claim the cost of repairs to the car with your own insurance company? How can someone do that? They must have been driving without insurance, and had bogus information.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    Oh Bunny I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm surprised the police said it was fine. In my area, you cannot make a claim on your insurance if the accident or whatever it is that your claiming does not have a police report. The police have to actually come to the scene. They would have picked up on the bogus insurance if they would have filled out the necessary reports.

Now what? Can you claim the cost of repairs to the car with your own insurance company? How can someone do that? They must have been driving without insurance, and had bogus information.
    Now what is a good question. I asked my son how old the woman was and he said "kinda old like you"....Sweet...So she's old enough to know better and probably has kids of her own.

Hibernating

Now what is a good question. I asked my son how old the woman was and he said "kinda old like you"....Sweet...So she's old enough to know better and probably has kids of her own.
    Bunny, we recently had a similar incident with my 19 year old daughter. Her's was a hit and run in a parking lot. A man, with his wife and children in the car, slammed in to her car while backing up. He got out and checked his own vehicle, then looked around, saw all kinds of people watching, and quickly took off. What kind of man would set that example for his kids?

There were several witnesses, but unfortunately, the liscense plate number that was given to the police, did not match the vehicle description when it was run throught the system. The officer said it was a shame because they could have pursued it with the correct plate number...Did your son happen to take down her plate number? That could be a starting point.

As it stands with us, she will probably just pay for the damage out of her own pocket rather than turn it in to the insurance company. Even though it was not her fault, she is concerned it will be a mark against her if she turns it in.

There are just dishonest people in the world. It is discouraging. I hope your son is ok and doesn't have too much trouble getting it all taken care of.

Aww...Bunny, SO thankful your son is alright. That is foremost. I am really sorry that such a trusting honest young man was "taken" by someone like this. I hope she can sleep at night.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I am so sorry to hear this, Bunny. If there's any justice in this world she'll get what's coming to her. First and foremost your son is fine. Hopefully the rest will work out. I wish I could offer you some advice. Sending you a big hug.

I'm so sorry to hear about all the recent troubles. I do not understand how people can be so self-centered and self-absorbed to think it's okay to do things like that. I firmly have to believe that karma/fate/something of the like will come back around to them.

That's terrible Bunny but glad your son is okay. In our province, police HAVE to be notified if the damage is over $1000 (which isn't much these days). The police kind of fell down on this one if you ask me. That woman will have karma bite her in the a*s. I agree with CA

+ Reply to Thread