+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1557Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

PGM35, warm and healing thoughts and prayers are with you! I know it's hard when we lose a friend. Try to remember the funny things and the good things. I try to appreciate that I knew them, even for a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    A good friend (we were close at one point and acquaintances later) died in a freak accident last year (next week will be one year) and its getting a bit hard to think about. She was the life of the party and it was such a shock. I hadn't ever really known anyone close to me that died other than grandparents. She was only 33.
    That so sad Hoping that the good memories will sustain you, allowing you to celebrate the happiness she brought into the world while she was here. That's so young, but it serves as a reminder to us all... we never know when this day will be our last, so let's make it count!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I'm sorry I haven't posted here lately; my thoughts and prayers do go to all who have troubles, big or small.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, we lost our "class clown" in our senior year in a car accident (remember, I went to an all-girls school, and that was after she had been asked to leave the school....I didn't know that until, just, this year!); she was 17. I still think about her, to this very day, and laugh at remembered antics. Later on, I came to the acceptance/understanding that it's not always going to be "somebody else". When we suffer a serious loss, it just happens to be our "turn".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My friend's brain surgery went well, although it wasn't the kind of tumor they thought it was. The doctor says her prognosis is the same, but we have to wait on pathology to be sure what it was. She's scheduled to be released on Friday. It's pretty incredible considering my father had a really similar surgery - his tumor was in the same place, but was much bigger - and he was in the hospital for nearly 3 weeks. Anyway, I know we're all feeling really grateful that she's doing so well.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Prayers to all who are going through turmoil.

Please include my friend in your prayers. I posted a few weeks ago about the sudden dicovery of a lump in her breast, and later swelling in the collarbone. She is on round 2 of chemo, however was told yesterday, she is definatley in stage 4 as they have discoverd it spread to her spine.

She finds the positive in everything, and hopes the treatment will minimize the spread. Is that even possible?

I am so lucky, I'm in my early 50's and never had anyone close to me affected by cancer. This is truly horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    Prayers to all who are going through turmoil.

Please include my friend in your prayers. I posted a few weeks ago about the sudden dicovery of a lump in her breast, and later swelling in the collarbone. She is on round 2 of chemo, however was told yesterday, she is definatley in stage 4 as they have discoverd it spread to her spine.

She finds the positive in everything, and hopes the treatment will minimize the spread. Is that even possible?

I am so lucky, I'm in my early 50's and never had anyone close to me affected by cancer. This is truly horrible.
    Prayers for your friend. I'm so sorry the worst has come up for her. She's lucky to have you there for her.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

my best bud gave her husband divorce papers last night and I heard him over the phone ranting and raving..he has been known to drink a lot and she said she didn't need me last night but I haven't been able to reach her today..should I go over there and check..I am not sure what to do..any suggestions
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I would drive by her house and see if anything looks out of place. Or call mutual friends and see if they have heard from her today.

I'd have to go over if it was me, but I'd suggest not going alone. Good luck.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread