+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Victor is going in for surgery this afternoon. I've already asked my mom. god and grandma to be there to keep anything from going wrong. I'll let y'all know when I get back!
    Stay strong Mama!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'll send my mom in your direction, too!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm thinking of, and praying.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fanatic

Thinking of all of you in your difficult times! Prayer works...God works.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Special prayers for Victor, Buglover and the entire family.

Holding you both in my heart as we wait to hear.

Just got a call from my daughter - her roommate's boyfriend, who pretty much lived in their dorm room, was killed in a car accident this morning. Both girls are in shock. It's my daughter's first time having to deal with this with someone her own age. Please keep these two girls in your prayers as they work through this grief. Thanks.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 03-06-2011 at 06:21 PM.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The death of a close friend, about my own age, when she was 21 is what started me on my long trek to personal insight/introspection that lasts me until this day. It, actually, proved to be very beneficial in understanding myself, and life.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Several years ago my oldest son lost his girlfriend when she was killed in a car accident. About 6 months after that happened, his life-long best friend was also killed in a car accident. Then a few months later, his roommate committed suicide. My son has not been the same since. Now, he seems to hold himself back. It's like he's afraid to love again, afraid to commit himself to anyone for fear that he may lose them. He is the most wonderful, kind, giving person I've ever met and it hurts me that he is cutting off a part of his life that could bring him so much happiness. I'm hoping that in time he will be able to work through this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Victor is going in for surgery this afternoon. I've already asked my mom. god and grandma to be there to keep anything from going wrong. I'll let y'all know when I get back!
    Please let us know how it goes, bug, and know that we are all thinking of you and Victor. I'll be checking the good news thread for your next post.

That's terrible, what happened to your son, Lil Bit. He might even want to talk to someone about it---that's a lot of blows to absorb, and his response is pretty understandable.
    Really sorry to hear about your daughter's friend, Gut. Hope this is the only such situation they encounter for many years.

Bug, flowing healing thoughts and prayers your way!

Gut and Lil Bit, Sending peaceful thoughts and prayers your way. What horrible things to have to deal with.

+ Reply to Thread