+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Sorry for double post but I just wanted to be clear that regarding the tattoo and what not, we have already been given the go ahead by the doctor as long as it is a week after treatment, before his counts hit the floor.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Hey Victor! Chill. (but have fun doing it)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Well my friend that was suppose to have the mastectomy tomorrow, has been delayed. They want her to start chemo right away to reduce the swelling in lymph nodes in the left collarbone area. I received an email from her hubby, as it was decided they would email all friends to keep us posted. He didn't say this, but I'm thinking, does that mean it has spread to that area?

This is just the begining, of a very long road for her. Please keep her in your prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4192730;
    ...He didn't say this, but I'm thinking, does that mean it has spread to that area?

This is just the begining, of a very long road for her. Please keep her in your prayers.
    Unfortunately, probably "yes"

Not worth rushing the mastectomy if it's already spread to the other side, they have to try and stop that asap. Prayers for your friend & hubby & you, too. I know it's hard
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4192730;
    ... I received an email from her hubby, as it was decided they would email all friends to keep us posted...
    By the way, I don't know if you or your friend is aware of caringbridge.com

It's a wonderful way for those with cancer, serious illness, etc., to post progress and journals and receive well wishes from friends and family. My friend who has cancer uses this to update everyone - that way she doesn't have to go through the same exhausting details with everyone, even though it's with love and sincerity.

It's probably been mentioned here before, but I thought I'd mention it again, if so. It's a great tool for those dealing with incredible challenges.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Sorry everyone is having so much trouble
    GA, I don't think I would assume anything that isn't stated in the emails; sometimes the doctors make odd decisions peculiar to a case, as every patient is different. This does not sound good, but it is early yet to know what might happen with your friend.

Bug, I think you are right to back off of Victor some; bear in mind that he is a young man and not a kid. I am bolding that part because i think it will be easier for everyone concerned if he doesn't feel like he's being totally 'bossed around' by his parents and doctors; maybe the focus should not be so much on whether you 'let' him do things based on if he does or does not eat or drink what you want him to. Even if he does have an attitude, he is plenty old enough to know and understand what can happen if he does not take in enough nutrition. As to the tattoo, I'd say that's another case where 'we' don't need the go-ahead. "HE" is the one involved here. He's at the age where he really wants to be a man, not a child, and the cancer is just making it that much harder.
    Sorry if this sounds mean, and I know you are having a really difficult time. however I think it might be time to let Victor make some decisions for himself--you don't have to give him money to do it, but isn't he old enough to decide to go out without asking his mom?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Wow, on this Valentine's Day, it is safe to say that all of us who care about our FORT friends have heavy hearts. So many sad challenges ahead. But what wonderful advice. Bug, I care about you like you were my next-door neighbor (maybe even more so!) - it sounds as if you have gotten your bearings and you and Victor are in a little better situation now that he realizes he needs to feed himself. My son self-destructs on occasion, so I understand some of what you are dealing with. I was injured and hurting many years ago and the way my son dealt with that was to let me know loud and clear that he didn't have enough food to eat!!!! Such contrary behavior can be very frustrating. We love our children so much. I hope that Victor can continue to do those basic things that you know he needs to continue his battle.

Gut, I am in the battle with you on keeping my job. This is my third year of going to school board meetings and speaking out not just for myself, but for our kids, who deserve services that can help them grow up to be literate and information savvy adults. Both of our jobs contribute to their success, too bad our school boards and administrators don't always see us as important as they do the administrative jobs. Not any cuts projected in that area in my district.

GA
    , and I think is it Rattus, cancer is touching our lives right now. My sister-in-law has made it through her tough chemo and is on to radiation now. She also endured a tough medical treatment only to be told she received the placebo. But her spirits are still high. She is a warrior, fighting to be a healthy mom of two young children. I read these posts with one eye open. I hate to see the pain that so many are going through and want to inspire you - please know how much I admire all of you who are carrying on through so many challenges.

I don't want to forget our bunny555 - please know that you hold a special place in my heart.

Such wonderful advice from some very informed people.
    Thank You Cootie

Today's been heavy for me. I had lunch with a dear friend, but due to travels and such, we've not been able to really converse for a long time. We actually got to enjoy time together and share face-to-face instead of via facebook or email for the first time in well over a year!

We discussed the recent loss of her mother AND her father to cancer during this time we were apart, we discussed our mutual friend with cancer, another friend's cancer, my friend's husband's recovery from cancer, my mother's death from cancer, a child of a friend who has cancer. Wow.

I remembered this board and those who are enduring and fighting. I felt - and I feel - overwhelmed.

To those here, even though I don't respond to your pain verbally, I pray and remember, and I would be there for you should the need ever arise
    (short of giving up my heart or brain, which no one would want anyway )

I thought of these lyrics from a song:

He never promised that the cross would not be heavy
    Or the hill would not be hard to climb
    He never offered a victory without fighting
    But He said help would always come in time
    So remember when you're fighting in the valley in decision
    and the Adversary says, "Just give in!"
    Hold On!
    He'll take you through the fire again

Sugar: I'm sorry to hear so many people you know has been affected. My prayers to all those who are suffering.

My friend starts her first round this afternoon at 2pm, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

+ Reply to Thread