+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Allergic to Ink?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Allergic to Ink?

I'm allergic to nearly everything, and practically have an IV of Benadryl running all the time. (That answers a few questions...) It's not a big deal, but I do have a question that's puzzled me for a while. And beins' how you are all so smart...

I get "hives" pretty often. Not life threatening but annoying. Here's the odd part - one of my tattoos is on my right shoulder and that's where I get the hives the most often and they are the worst ones. I've had the tattoo for ten years, I've never had a problem with it until lately.

Am I allergic to latent ink?

That's interesting! Have you gone to your doctor? What colors are in your tat? I've heard red ink can make some people itch. I don't know if that's true or not, but if you're itching & you have red ink, it would definitely be worth it to look into it.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

JD - from reading some of your other posts - sounds like it may be stress related. You may not even feel stressed, but you gotta lot going on right now. I know when something irritating or different happens to me, even if I feel like I am handling it well- I end up with cold sores. Physical stress relief - and it sucks.
    it may just be a sensitive area now around your tatoo. (I always seem to get the cold sores in the same place)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mkwdood
    JD - from reading some of your other posts - sounds like it may be stress related. You may not even feel stressed, but you gotta lot going on right now. I know when something irritating or different happens to me, even if I feel like I am handling it well- I end up with cold sores. Physical stress relief - and it sucks.
    it may just be a sensitive area now around your tatoo. (I always seem to get the cold sores in the same place)

stress? me? I have no idea how you came to that conclusion....

Seriously, tho - thanks, that's definitely something to consider. And no, I don't have any red in this one. As long as I keep a handful of Benadryl and a bottle of Cuervo 1800 around, I hardly notice the itching anymore.

+ Reply to Thread