+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eggs

Eggs

"eggs"

a simple ingredient, used daily by most. So discuss eggs, recipes, or weird cooking habits, how do you like your eggs, special techinques? anything.

Seems odd that I would bring up the topic of eggs, but currently over here (Singapore). Due to the bird flu, we are having a huge shortage of eggs. I work in a restaurant, where in the weekends we serve brunch (which mainly consists of eggs: eggs/bacon, eggs/ham, eggs benedict, pancakes, baking needs etc..)

The other day, I was put in charge of "finding eggs" which I couldn't. Every single store, grocery store everything, had no eggs. and when I did find 10 eggs it cost $4.70!!!! :rolleyes 47 cents an egg?

I guess no one really realizes the 'importance' of such small ingredients, but once they are on shortage, it suddenly is a huge thing.

Anyhow -- weird/odd topic.

Talk about anything, about 'em eggs!

I really don't like eggs too much but if I get enough yummy ingredients mixed into an omelet, like cheese and mushrooms, then it's not so bad
    However I DO like "Deviled Eggs" but in small doses & depending on the "fill" too, some aren't as tasty as others

Furthermore, one of my favorite games on this computer is called "Eggs", it has a little guy that runs around and kicks eggs open to free the chickens that are inside while monsters are trying to stop the chickens from fleeing the coop... lol... It takes three kicks to completely open one egg, but these little spider monsters run around and seal the eggs back up so I have to keep running back there....anyhow...silly but very addicting! (Anyone with MAME should try it! )
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I eat eggs when I dine out but never, ever cook them myself. I only use them in cakes, etc. My husband gets completely grossed out by the smell of eggs. Even if I make the kids scrambled eggs for breakfast, burn a scented candle all day, wash every dish the eggs touched, mr.applesauce will come home after work and start gagging. Then he will look at me and say, "You cooked eggs! How can you do this to me! We need to get out of the house, let's go out to dinner." It's amazing he can smell them after a whole day has passed.

I love eggs sunny side up, but I'll eat them most ways. Hard boiled is my least favorite. I do love egg Benedict but rarely eat that.

My oldest was allegeric to eggs for awhile but that seems to have faded away as she has gotten older. She didn't eat them for awhile because she would get hives on her hands and lips where she would get some egg. Now that doesn't happen.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    I eat eggs when I dine out but never, ever cook them myself. I only use them in cakes, etc. My husband gets completely grossed out by the smell of eggs. Even if I make the kids scrambled eggs for breakfast, burn a scented candle all day, wash every dish the eggs touched, mr.applesauce will come home after work and start gagging. Then he will look at me and say, "You cooked eggs! How can you do this to me! We need to get out of the house, let's go out to dinner." It's amazing he can smell them after a whole day has passed.
    I'm the same as Mr applesauce, can't stand the smeel of eggs and can detect it about a mile away.
    They make me feel physically sick.

I love to make scrambled eggs.... but I make them more omelette style and never manage to *scramble* them once cooked.

I cannot stand eating anything other than fried eggs when out at Denny's or a diner for breakfast. Most people make their eggs too icky and runny for me.

I had a friend in school that ate their eggs with ketchup. Enough to make one lose their appetite.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I love eggs but I don't eat them very often because they're high in cholesterol. I like them scrambled, boiled, fried, in omelets and deviled.
    Here in Texas eggs were $1.00 for 18 a week ago. I bought 3 dozen and made deviled eggs for the Labor day holiday, which my family scarfed right up.
    eggs for breakfast, sounds good. I think I'll go make some for my son and live vicariously.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I love eggs. Deviled, scrambled, eggs benedict, omelettes, everything. I also like plenty of stuff mixed in them or piled on them. Cheese, ham, peppers, etc. Maybe i just love food.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I like my eggs to be scrambled egg whites. I never cared for the taste of the yolks.

Mr Texie also cannot abide eggs, though he will tolerate bits of hard boiled ones in salads, and of course, if they are an ingredient in a food item that you just can't tell it's there (a cake). I love em, just like Stargazer, though. Egg drop soup, heaven
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast