+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Eggs

Mr. Texie hates eggs, but he cooks them really well. Go figure.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

We're getting ready to celebrate Dia de los Muertos (day of the dead) in my class which involves telling stories to remember of the dear departed. I always tell about my grandmother who would draw pictures on our eggshells before soft boiling them. We're talking about 4 kids in my family and 3 cousins. Then she would boil them and afterwards we would claim our egg drawn to our specifications. Then she would carefuly cut the top off each egg without disturbing the picture. (I also tell about my other grandmother who used to spray paint the flowers in her garden if they weren't the right color, but that's another thread.)
    Count your blessings!

Come cook for me on a Saturday morning and your love of eggs will fade away. After throwing about 30 dozen eggs on the grill you won't want any.

You work in a restaurant Unklescott? I finally read the whole thread so I wouldn't repeat anything (I was fairly certain I was safe with the grandmother-drawing-on-eggs story). One of the best buys I've made is a microwave egg poacher. So easy and fast. Practically no clean-up. The eggs are done before the toast pops. I remember reading Angela's Ashes and CRAVING eggs for the longest time because of that book.
    Count your blessings!

My husband and I decided to jump on the low carb bandwagon, and discovered we had to eat A LOT of eggs. So, I would eat deviled eggs every day. I would boil up a dozen and make 24 little appetizers to enjoy. Well, soon my 2 sons decided they liked deviled eggs too. However, it did not take long to get too much of a good thing, and we could not stand the SMELL of being in the same room with each other. The GAS was outrageous!!!

i like eggs but the white has to be cooked all the way, not runny at all. For some reason i like eggs more for supper then for breakfast though. i will eat omelets for supper some times, eggs and toast or even an egg sandwich which my bf thinks is just gross. i do like deviled eggs also... i have never had a poached egg so i am not sure about that though...

bjb

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    You work in a restaurant Unklescott?
    Yeah, I manage a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    I remember reading Angela's Ashes and CRAVING eggs for the longest time because of that book.
    You just mentioned my absolute, most favorite book in the whole world, aaahhhhh......Angela's Ashes. He also made potatoes sound pretty darn good, didn't he?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I love to make pickled eggs or deviled eggs for picnics or barbeques.
    I am the maker of the devil eggs in my family every holiday season. What's even funnier is I own 5 eggs platters made just for serving them.

The one thing I have notice with the food threads.. is people either love a certain food or just hate it... With Eggs and Milk leading the pack of both list.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567