+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eggs

Mmmmm....fried egg sandwiches

If I have eggs they have to be done, none of that runny mess for me.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I actually just remembered a simple dessert that I grew up with and that is pretty common in Norway, however my US husband had never heard of it nor tasted it until he met me. I can't believe I didnt remember this last night when I wrote my piece on eggs, this is my absolute favorite use of eggs!

We put the eggs in a blender (1 egg per person usually) with lots of sugar (I think it's 2 tablespoons per egg) and whip it until it's stiff then eat it as is. It's REALLY sweet but very very yummy. Sometimes we put it on blueberries or raspberries or other types of berries (instead of whipped cream) or for an extra highlight, drizzle some shredded chocolate (hersheys or some type of baking chocolate) on top of the dessert & spoon away ....

Unhealthy, yeah...but good Besides...you can only eat so much of it before you're stuffed so it's okay...
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

MMMMMMMM! I love meringue, but not raw. It's best when spooned onto parchment paper and baked at 200 degree F. for over an hour.
    Terri

I have this weird relationship with eggs - some days I can eat them until I am stuffed and other days just looking at them makes me want to hurl. I don't get it. I'm in the huge minority here though and when I do eat eggs, I like them sunny-side up (or "dippy" as my mother taught me to call them - quite embarrassing when you're older and in a restaurant and order it that way and didn't know any better).

My uncle has a rooster and five hens (absolutely hilarious to see the rooster strutting his stuff with his harem). He gives us their eggs every now and then, and they're a real pretty shade of pastel green (looks like Easter eggs!) I guess their feed is green and that is what makes them that way.

Anyway, you never know what you'll find at the FORT - an egg thread now!

Love hard boiled, Deviled, scrambled, over-easy and omelets. After a hard night partying, I used to stop off at a diner and get 6 eggs over easy on a bed of grits with sausage. Now on sunday mornings I go to another diner and get a ham and cheese omelet.... this omelet is made from 8 eggs!!! you get an omelet that feeds 2 and 3 pancakes for $5.70. Now thats a deal!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Fogey
    I love scrambled eggs with SALSA! They're wonderful!

Scrambled eggs with Swiss cheese and salsa are even better!!

Scrambled eggs with salsa is yummy. I usually have mine with ketchup.

I love breakfast burritos. I make it with scrambled eggs and sausage. Not heart-healthy but nonetheless.

Jay
    I love an omelette with ham, green pepper, mushrooms and cheese. If I don't have the ingredients then I'll settle for a poached egg on toast with fresh black pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    Mmmmm....fried egg sandwiches

If I have eggs they have to be done, none of that runny mess for me.
    I couldn't AGREE more! When they are runny and yolky, you might as well eat them with a straw.....yuck. All you taste is yolk when they're runny.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

We're having an egg casserole for dinner, eggs, ham, cheese, milk and bread. It is in the refrigerator chilling. Mmmmmmmmmmm
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast