+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eggs

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    my daughter will put non-stick spray in the bottom of a bowl and scramble the egg and microwave it for a mintue then puts it on toast....i don't care for that it's kind of rubbery.

all of my kids love eggs (thank God they are so cheap!!) we go thru a case (yes, 7 1/2 dozen) in less than a month.
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

ue - I didn't know there was a ban on imported eggs?? I'm slow in these sort of news I know, now and then I enjoy an "egg" breakfast, but now it would be considered a luxury to have eggs... *the ever changing times*

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_cool
    ue - I didn't know there was a ban on imported eggs?? I'm slow in these sort of news I know, now and then I enjoy an "egg" breakfast, but now it would be considered a luxury to have eggs... *the ever changing times*
    There have been a shortage of eggs because Singapore has a ban on imported eggs from Malaysia, the bird flu scare. (That's where the cheap eggs come from) Singapore intends to bring in the Australian eggs but costs more $$, whenever that happens.

It's scary to see supermarkets and shops being egg-less. It is times like these when you realise how precious simple things can be.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

yup, exactly what I thought. When simple things in life are in shortage, suddenly it's a huge deal. Funny walking around the supermarkets, seeing where the eggs would normally be, being filled with stacks of potato chips or something

Eggs - I eat them any way, anyhow, I just don't eat the yolk!

I like eggs either scrambled, as an omlette or as egg salad. I can't stand eating eggs that aren't fully cooked. I use them more often in my cooking than eating them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_cool
    "eggs"
    The other day, I was put in charge of "finding eggs" which I couldn't. Every single store, grocery store everything, had no eggs. and when I did find 10 eggs it cost $4.70!!!! :rolleyes 47 cents an egg?
    That's awful! But if it makes you feel any better, during the 1849-1850 Gold Rush in California, eggs were $1 a piece.

I'm glad we aren't having that problem now. My skinny 6 year old son has developed a sudden taste for hard-boiled egg whites (yolks thrown away) with lawry's salt and freshly ground pepper. He eats 5 egg whites in one sitting.

Who knew that people exported eggs anywhere? You'd think they'd be too fragile to export from Malaysia to Singapore.

I like to save my red onion skins to throw in the water when I hardboil eggs. The shell turns a yellowish brown, and the yolk ends up tasting creamier. Mmmmm.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    This is the nastiest thread!!!! I refuse to eat eggs. Ugh. I dont like scrambled, hard boiled, soft boiled, eggs benedict, deviled eggs, omelets. I dont like the smell or texture. I think I was traumatized when I was a little girl because we ate them ALOT!
    My hubby adores eggs. I have to go upstairs when hes making them.
    I always ask for a Cobb Salad...without eggs please!
    But I will eat french toast...go figure...
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I love eggs, just about any which way. Scrambled, soft boiled, hard boiled, deviled, egg salad sandwich, poached, omelet, fried (rarely). In fact, we are having scrambled eggs for dinner tonight. My 12 year old got braces this morning, so his mouth needs something easy.

By the way, I bought a dozen on sale yesterday for $.39.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I love eggs. All different kinds, just about every way you can cook them except soft-boiled. I love eggs benedict, omelettes, scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, deviled eggs (REALLY love those!), just every kind of egg, basically.

Last Christmas, I arrived late at a party, and they were practically out of deviled eggs so I only got one. This one guy across the room had one just sitting on his plate the whole rest of the night, and I just stared at it, plotting ways I could obtain it and eat it. I would have fished that sucker out of the trash, if I'd been reduced to it. He eventually ate it. In one big, arrogant bite, the jerk.

This past weekend, I had eggs every morning for breakfast, which I NEVER do. I typically just have eggs for breakfast once a week. But Saturday, I had a breakfast burrito, Sunday I had a scrambled egg sandwich on an English muffin with American cheese, and yesterday I had a ham and cheese omelette. What a decadent yet delicious weekend!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast