+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Paulie is Alive and Well

Thanks, everyone.

I couldn't help doing a leeeeetle bit of reading.

Off to bed. But not before I tell everyone how much I really appreciate all of your support. You guys are like family. Your well wishes meant the world to me.

See you around more tomorrow.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fogey
    ok,, all the women are thinking how in the heck do they use a speculum for that procedure.. hmmmmmm well we will all get a good giggle at our next 'yearly'.... The FORT invades normal life yet again!!! The places the FORT can go...

Cool news dude!!!! glad to hear it went great. Enjoy seeing everything now
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

So glad you were able to check in with us last night Paulie.

Hope you got a good night's sleep and wake up with a clearer, brighter view of the world.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing great today. I'm even logging a couple of hours at work. I now see 20/15. Before the surgery, I was legally blind in each eye! The eye doctor was very pleased at how well I could see already because patients' vision after LASIK usually improves after the first couple of weeks. I'm happy enough with 20/15.

I had to laugh at my appearance after the pre-op prep thingie they did. I had my hair in one of those surgeon caps, and they rubbed my eyes with some dark-colored sterilizing agent. They also put little gold star stickers above each eye to indicate that the eye is slated to be worked upon. I sat in the lobby looking like a starry-eyed raccoon surgeon for a little while. Some kids were staring at me, and I imagine they wanted to ask about my stars. I wanted to tell them that my eyes had been very good.

The procedure itself wasn't too bad. The speculum thing was weird (still not quite sure how that factors in to a woman's annual exam, but I'll let that one go ). They jam the speculum into your eye socket to hold your eyelids in place. That was easily the most uncomfortable part of the whole thing for me. The keratome part (where they cut your eye) was kinda gross and unsettling, too, especially since your vision is completely obscured when it happens. But I really couldn't feel anything, just a sensation that my eye was being touched. After the 30-second part with the laser, they smooth out your eye with a little paint roller/squeegee type thing. That was funky. You can't feel it, but you know exactly what he's doing. Very odd.

The recovery was pretty much a snap. I slept for three hours when I got home. Then I had some lunch and laid on the couch with my eyes closed the rest of the afternoon. I did scare myself around midnight when I woke up and pushed my protective mask off and was rubbing my eyes! That is a HUGE no-no! Thankfully, I didn't do anything bad. Today, I feel great. Some dryness in the eyes, but not too bad. I have to put all sorts of drops in every few hours, but that's no big deal.

My wife told me she was proud of me for going through with the pro-SEE-jer. I think she knows how spooked I was. I really don't like being cut or perforated so this was a really big step for me. I feel really excited to have done it.

After I log a few hours here at work, I'm heading home, and we're all going out to buy me some el cheapo drugstore sunglasses. What a trip!

Thanks again, everyone, for your great support. You don't know how much it meant to me. I'll post a picture soonish...when I feel like I look my absolute best.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Congrats Paulie!

Good to hear you are eagle eyes now!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Now you really will look like James Spader. Mrs Paulie will be thrilled at her new version of Paulie and go showing you off.
    Glad you came thru with no hitches!

Paulie, I am so proud of you! Congrats on good vision. Cannot wait to see a new picture of you sans glasses.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Princess
    Very brave, and so happy to hear it went all ok. Thanks for posting the procedure! Maybe one day....

that's awesome! i'm really happy for you and really jealous of your vision! and your recap of the event should be published in the Official News thread as it was quite funny!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast