+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Job Problem

which gives a better pay???
    sorry i'm a very practical person...
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

Sweetie, I just read your dilemma and I think you should stay on with the job you have. First of all, if you take the other job, in 4 short weeks, you will be on the pavement again looking for a new job. Secondly, as your boss sees that you can do more things, he will give you more responsibility and the job will not be so boring for you after a while. In time, you will probably learn how to run the whole show and the longer you stay, the more valuable you become to the company. I would not worry about the money as much as in learning everything you can. As the company grows, so will your check. If you have a nice boss and you don't have to travel 2 hours to get to and from work, you are ahead of the game. Stay put. It will pay off in the long run. Lots of luck!

Raindance, do they let you play music?

I think everyone has had good advice for you. Make the best of what you have for now; especially since you are only planning to be there for 6 months. You can do anything for a little while. Brighten the office up with a couple of small plants and personalize your area with a few of your favorite things. Employers are always glad to see employees making the place a home away from home. They work better when comfortable. I am sure that your boss will enjoy the added cheer too!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Springkey - the new one pays more

feifer, yup, they play music, but only what the boss wants to listen

however, i guess i'm not looking for the pay so much as looking for a good place to work at... i think all of you are very right, i should stay at the old one, the boss would prob give me more jobs as i stay longer... as Clarabella said, i don't want to be out of job after one month and be looking for one again! the feeling is horrid!

thanks guys
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Raindance, I know the feeling! Before I went on hiatus, I was working as a freelance temp girl and had to go from one "interview" to another and one new job to another (fill in work mostly) but the feeling is always the same. It is scary and unfamiliar and I have never gotten used to it. I had a friend who started out in a trucking company that was newly formed, she was doing filing and answering phones, nothing exciting. She stayed for over 20 years. Now the company is huge, she is the highest person on the totem pole, she gets paid more money than I will ever see and her boss spoils rotten because she stayed the longest (something about loyalty). She has a family now and she gets to work whatever hours she wants and comes and goes as she pleases and it all paid off for her in the end. When she retires, her boss said that she will have profit sharing in the company and has opened up a 401K for her retirement fund. She is very lucky and all because she stuck with it and persevered.

wow... that's really fantastic... your friend is really lucky. yes, i have made up my mind to stay on... loyalty is important, and the boss gave me a chance in the first place. I know what you mean about scary and unfamilar. it's like.. insercurity (sp?).
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Raindance, I hate to say this but all jobs get boring sooner or later. stick with it and if you do, you'll find ways to make the hours go by, it will help you later in life. even when I was wiring up houses I got bored, even though it was a different type house every other day.

You're right, Joe. Every job has its boring days and then the not so boring days. Just keep learning new things and that will keep it interesting. The more you learn, the more valuable you become to the boss anyway. Keep up the good work, Rain!

Hi, I realised I forgot to update you guys about my job.

Basically I'm sticking here at the old job. To give you an idea how small the firm is, I'm the Admin Exec. I report to the M.D. Whoa . It's getting better.

Thanks for all your advice. It really helped me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345