+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Job Problem

yeah raindance,it's better if u call some job agency or something....
    it is..erm...safer you know...because some of those job vacancies found in newspapers are out to con students waiting for results like you and me~.....
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

Oh I am in some ojb agency thingy. In fact, my info sheet is there at the old recruitment centre that I worked in... how ironic. SpringKey, you are right, there are many out to con student, esp the modelling ones. Do be careful yourself too.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Originally posted by raindance
    Oh I am in some ojb agency thingy. In fact, my info sheet is there at the old recruitment centre that I worked in... how ironic. SpringKey, you are right, there are many out to con student, esp the modelling ones. Do be careful yourself too.

Raindance, if you haven't notified them that you are available and looking, a good idea is to call that agency and get them to pull your file out and mark it active. Also, try listing with several agencies, since they all deal with different companies and firms. Hope this helps.

I see, I haven't really told them yet. I signed up with 2 other agencies, so I hope it increases my chances. Anyway, my cousin might be helping me get a job in this law firm. So I'm crossing my fingers.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Originally posted by raindance
    I see, I haven't really told them yet. I signed up with 2 other agencies, so I hope it increases my chances. Anyway, my cousin might be helping me get a job in this law firm. So I'm crossing my fingers.

Law Firm - that's right up my alley. Worked for 25 years in several law firms. If you need help, let me know!

Really? That;s very cool! Thanks, I will inform you guys if I do get the job. I can't wait!

I'm so sorry to bother you guys, but I need your help
    again...

See, I took another job recently which was not too bad, normal office job, but since it is a small office, I have to multitask and so was some general employee sort of thing.

It was a newly established construction company and most of the time, the engineers are out on site, so the office is very empty, it is also a small office so it gets very .. monotonous and is not active.

Then a friend called me today and told me she had a job offer for me, admin position in a another firm. No need for interview and such, but is only a one month contract.

If not for anything else, I would have gone over willingly. However, what holds me back is the fact that my current boss is actually very good to me. Very kind and friendly and sort of motherly in a way. And what's important was that she gave me a chance at the job, which was important to me after what had happened at the previous company. And I also knew that she would hire me for the full 6 months that I am on vacation.

But it is the job that I cannot stand, it's tired and it drives me crazy with it's monotony.

I do not know if I should do the right thing and stay on, or be more selfish and go to another company.

FORT Fogey
    The other company is for a month right? I would say stay w/the current job as it is really only temporary , and ask your boss for more work, ask if there is more you can do, since you getting work done can you run errands for her out of the office to break up your day. You never know, I think if this person has been so good to you, I wouldn't burn a bridge, it could be something more in the future or she could be a great refrence some day and it looks better to have been one place for a period of time then to skip around. There is something to be said for loyalty especially when someone has taken a chance on you and given you an opportunity. I would imagine if your getting bored than you could handle more things to do. Look for more things or bring things to work that you can do too. Ask you boss if you can go do some of the ie buying for office supplies or pick up lunch or even run some of her personal errands when the work load is light or it gets boring. All people understand motony and most bosses welcome employees who like to be challenged.

I agree, stick with the current job and ask for some more work in an area you think might make it more fun. Whether that's running errands, or doing some computer work, or whatever.

yes... i was thinking of that too. i should really stay on.. sometimes, it's not only the job that's horrid, the office is a place you don't want to be. it has windows, but it's frosted. it's stifling, guess that's why i felt really tired in there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast