+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Job Problem

Clarabella, Feifer, Miss F, Bill, John, Wayner, Fluff, Cali, syd18
    Thank you all so much for helping me me out!I do realise that I had no experience, and John and Bill was on the mark about asking for help. I guess I was a little hesitant to ask lest my boss think I am incompetent. But after hearing your words, I realised what John said is very true -

Since you had no experience in the position, I can understand your wanting to prove yourself. But just keep in mind in the future, there's no shame in asking your boss how to do things, or telling them that you haven't a clue how to do the thing they expect you to do.
    I am trying to put all this behind me. And my first step is looking for a new job, today! And I will keep all your advice in mind when I do get employed.

Once again, thank you all so much. I really appreciated it!
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Clarabella, thanks for your offer, I do want to write something over, so that future employees do get some form of training and would not feel as stressed out when they do their job. I drafted part of it, and i'd PM you when i'd finished it. Thanks
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Raindance, your dream job is out there and it may take a very long time for you find it, but it is out there! Just don't give up and remember no matter what you come up against on a job in the future, always maintain your dignity and rememeber that you are a professional. What you do on the job today will follow you throughout your entire working career. Good luck to you. Stay sweet!

PS: Isn't everyone GREAT on this board! When a person is in need of help or advice, there are all these arms around you and help is only a post or p.m. away! God bless the Fort!

i think all great advice has been given! i can't add anything but a

good luck on finding a job! know this, there is no job worth being miserable for. nothing is that important. find a job where you can find some joy. life is hard enough without adding unnecessary stress.

Here, here, shersidhe!

Originally posted by shersidhe
    life is hard enough without adding unnecessary stress.
    How true!

PS: Isn't everyone GREAT on this board! When a person is in need of help or advice, there are all these arms around you and help is only a post or p.m. away! God bless the Fort!
    Yes! Thank you all so much, this really means alot to me.

Rain, please post to us and let us know how you are making out on your job search. K?

Sure, of course! I'm still looking now. It's kinda hard

Don't get discouraged. Keep looking in the papers for ads. You may want to consider putting your name into some employment agencies (some offer free training on computers and stuff) and open up the telephone book, look for some companies that you would be interested in working with and send your resume and coverletter to the human resources departments. You never know, you may end up being "in the right place at the right time!" Good luck and keep us posted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast