+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digital cameras and other gadgets

Does anyone have a digital SLR camera? I want a good cheap one!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Queenb - thanks for the advice! I had ordered the Canon from buy.com and it was backordered so I canceled it. I was SO torn between the 2 and ended up going to Circuit City and purchasing this:

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...midnight_black

So far I absolutely LOVE it and it's nice to see some Kodak love since I don't think they had the best rep in the digital market, but seem to be getting better with each camera.

So...THANK YOU!

I've been looking into getting a 12X Zoom Digital and have narrowed down by choices to three: Canon S2IS, Kodak P850, Panasonic FZ7

Anybody have any suggestions as to which one to get?
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

As you can see above, all my love goes to Kodak in the digital world! And I hve been looking at that new one...love the idea of image stabilization, and also it has a little more zoom even (if I'm thinking about the correct cameras, the ones with 12x) than what I have now (10x). I really can't justify buying it at this time though, I still really, really like myKodak DX6490, and I've had it for a couple of years and found nothing to complain about.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I have a Nikon coolpix that I bought 4 years ago or so that I like, but the prices have dropped so much since then.

If anyone can help I have a Digital Picture Question:
    How can you make photos a small file size??? Is there any special file format you should use? Or is there a program out there to cut a file size down? I'd love to share some of my pics with FORT'ers, but can't figure out how to hit that 100kb file size. Thanks in advance for your help.
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

Sun84, Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, pretty much any photo editing software has a "resize" option in their "image" menu. That way you can make thumbnails.
    You can also upload photos to funtigo, photobucket, or any of lots of other photo hosting sites...then you can post pics without resizing. See the 'how to post pictures'; thread in the Help/Announcements forum.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by haejin View Post
    I have a Sony Cybershot 4.1 megapixel camera, and I love it. I got it for around $299, if I remember correctly. It is very good with maintaing battery life, especially with rechargeable batteries. With regular alkaline batteries, it lasts for around 20-30 shots. It's a great camera, and I totally recommend getting it.
    20- 30 shots? that sounds very little! how many shots does it last for for rechargable batteries?

im also looking for a new cam but am more concerned about quality than how much the batteries last. you guys should post photos of what your cameras can do!

someoen recomended olympus stylus to me. also, sony sounds good. is the 5mpixel as good as the 7megapixel? i just want something that will take good far away shots, and by far away i mean around ten feet!
    Last edited by bebewood; 07-09-2006 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Sun84, Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, pretty much any photo editing software has a "resize" option in their "image" menu. That way you can make thumbnails.
    You can also upload photos to funtigo, photobucket, or any of lots of other photo hosting sites...then you can post pics without resizing. See the 'how to post pictures'; thread in the Help/Announcements forum.
    Thanks so much! I'm going to get my wife to show me how to use photoshop!!! I'm sure it's on her computer somewhere -- she does all sorts of cool things with our garden photos so she has to have one of those programs. I'll try and post some garden pics soon.
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

Does anyone have this camera: KODAK EASYSHARE V610 - 6MP 10X 2.8i ? If so, how do you like it? I'm thinking about getting a smaller digital than the Canon Powershot A30 that I have now, so that I can carry something in my bag all the time, and this one would seem to have a fairly impressive zoom for such a small camera. They are quite expensive, though, and I don't want to buy without hearing some anecdotal evidence of satisfaction from a real person, not a camera magazine reviewer.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast