+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digital cameras and other gadgets

Thought I'd try and post a photo from my new camera. This is one of my favorites from the trip...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

That's a great pic, OTS!!! Post card quality.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Hey everyone. My digital camera is about done. I need to get a new one before the holiday. I currently have an Olympus Camedia D-560 which has worked pretty well except it takes forever in between pictures. Is there really a need to get one of the big fancy DC's vs the smaller size. I have many larger manual cameras which I love but for digital I don't understand the need. I would love to hear your suggestions and preferences!

Thanks!

apple, I just got a Kodak Z760. I've never owned a Kodak before but all of the reviews were good and it's relatively inexpensive. So far, I love it! It's very lightweight, 6.1 megapixels, and a 2.2 inch screen. It also comes with cables to plug into the TV and view photos.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Applesauce, you don't "need" a digital SLR I don't think. Just get a regular one with a bit of zoom on it and you'll probably be satisfied. I have several old manual SLR's, all Canon, and i've always liked Canon, but...surprise, when I started looking at digital, in my opinion Kodak's (!) products are equal or better than other companies in terms of features and price, and most importantly, ease of use. I'm surprised because Kodak used to make only cheapish little film cameras, but they have really put a lot of quality into their digital products.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

On a recent trip that J. and I took, we went to eat dinner and took our leftovers in a to-go box. I threw the camera in the plastic bag with the to-go box. The to-go box tipped over in the bag, all over the camera. Take it from me--honey mustard sauce and digital cameras don't mix.

Consider this another vote for Kodak. The last camera was a Kodak, and now we've got a Z730. I'm with lildago--great resolution, great features, easy to use, and best of all, nice price!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I hadn't thought about Kodak but will definitely check them out. Thanks for the recommendations.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    HELP - torn between a Kodak V530 and a Canon SD450.

Anyone??

What!?!?

No love for SONY in this thread????

I'm on my third digital camera, constantly upgrading them as the pixel count goes up. I started with a SONY 3 MP, then the SONY 5 MP DSC P-10, and now I'm on the SONY 7.2 MP DSC P-200, in red.

I have a SLR Canon camera, but when it came to digital, I loved everything about a SONY. The size fits into anything: from pocket to purse. The picture quality is unbelieveable and the turn around with flash is instant, especially with the new 7.2 MP.

I have never, ever drained the battery completely, although I've come close (7 minutes remaining), when I was shooting a night-time wedding. What I do now, is when I know I'm shooting for an entire day, I bring the charger with me, and when it's time for lunch or Starbucks, I thread the charger through my purse handles, keep the camera in my purse, and then plug it into the nearest electrical outlet. Unless you're Wilderness camping, there is always...ALWAYS an electrical plug somewhere to boost the battery! The reason why I thread the charger through my purse handle is simple: it would be wa-a-a-y too easy to forget the camera and charger and leave them behind, but since my purse holds my car keys and cash, I know for sure that I won't be leaving them behind!

What I also really like about the SONY is it's weight, helping in "Shaky Hand Syndrome", which is very common amony small digital cameras. It's weight helps stabalize the shot, so you don't get blurry photos from moving the camera. ALSO, I, personally, need a 'view finder' on my camera, to really frame the shots as I want them, and many new digital cameras have NO view finder.

Lastly, all my computers are Sony VAIO's, so it's a simple thing to take the Memory Stick and insert it into the VAIO's to download the photos.

I'm sold on SONY!!!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    HELP - torn between a Kodak V530 and a Canon SD450.

Anyone??
    Get the Kodak--way more bang for the buck. And as I stated abouve, I was a Canon lover from way, way back. The Kodak digitals are better, and I researched a ton before buying. I also know that particular camera uses a L-ion battery like my Kodak, which beats using those little aa batteries by miles. I bought a spare battery but have never ended up actually putting it in the camera--even when I was in Alaska taking a ton of shots all day long, the battery lasted till I got back to the room to recharge it. I've never had to use my spare! A small bit of advice that a lot of casual photographers don't know... the major difference in the megapixel count lies in the size prints you can make that will be sharp. A 5 mp camera will render sharp as a tack up to full standard page size, and acceptable on up to about 16x20, so if you aren't going to be making a lot of big prints I'd reccommend spending your dollars on optical (not digital) zoom, image stabilization, or other features as opposed to lots of mp's.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast