+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digital cameras and other gadgets

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Casio QVR-51
    5.0 Mega pixels
    World's fastest shutter speed (0.1 seconds)
    3X optical zoom
    4X digital zoom
    Uses AA batteries
    Easy to use
    loads of shooting modes

only downside is no sound recording [for movies].

Cost should be around US $250-300 give or take depending on where you buy it.
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    OTS-hands down, the best digital IMO is the Minolta Dimage X. It is thin, small, durable (stainless steel body) and fits in my purse. It is also lightweight and holds a charge on its battery for about a month (unless I use digital zoom which seems to eat the battery life faster). The battery recharges in under 30 minutes. I love, love love it!!!

I've had it for about 2 years and the memory is on a "secure digital" mini disk and you can get various memory sizes. I paid about $400 2 years ago, so I'm not sure what they would run now.

I highly recommend this camera. Zero quirks or problems. Good luck!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Thank you all for your input.

I ended up getting a Sony Cyber-shot with 5 megapixels. It has the option for completely manual settings if I want and a lot of other cool features. It is also nice and small. I played with it for about two hours straight last night and the battery is still at full power.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Thank you all for your input.

I ended up getting a Sony Cyber-shot with 5 megapixels. It has the option for completely manual settings if I want and a lot of other cool features. It is also nice and small. I played with it for about two hours straight last night and the battery is still at full power.
    Glad you found what you wanted OTS!

How about cellphones?? ...those are gadgets too.
    Favourite shows: The Amish in the city
    Survivor
    Fear Factor
    The Amazing Race
    & more.

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    I played with it for about two hours straight last night and the battery is still at full power.
    So, you going to post some of your pics somewhere for all to see?

Jay
    Has anyone ever printed their photos on an inkjet printer? Is it worth the expense to buy high quality HP photo paper or should I have the photos printed by a photo shop?

I've printed many pictures on my cannon ink jet printer and they turn out great. I would say though that you definitely need the photo paper if you want high quality prints. The quality on standard paper is no where near as good. I like the HP Matte finish photo paper personally.
    The main disadvantage I have found printing my own pictures is longevity. They tend to get damaged a lot easier.
    Over the past year, i have been getting all my digital photos developed/printed professionally. There are so many places now that develop digital photos, and most cost around 20 cents per picture. I compared costs a while back, and figured out that on my system, between the cost of the paper, and the ink, it is really only a few cents more. Many of them even have web sites that you can download the picture to, then just pick up the finished prints, or have them mailed to you.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Has anyone ever printed their photos on an inkjet printer? Is it worth the expense to buy high quality HP photo paper or should I have the photos printed by a photo shop?

I sprung for an HP inkjet and I use the photo paper and photo ink. They turn out great. Saves me the time of having to go to Wal Mart and spend money for something I can do at home.

I have the HP Photosmart 7760
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...76-305377.html

I like that you can insert your memory card from your cam directly into the printer itself and you can crop, resize, etc using the digital screen on the printer. Not a bad price either for everything you get with it.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Jay
    Many thanks MHayes and speedbump! I'll try an HP inkjet first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast