+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm sad

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.. My sympathy and prayers are with you..
    I would also like to wish your family the best of luck with your son's surgery!

Best Wishes!
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Oh Charlotte...my heart goes out to you! I'm going to PM you...but whatever you do....keep trying not to feel guilty about the hereditary condition. I personally passed on two (possibly three) different conditions to my son and daughter. One of the conditions results in LOTS of surgery. My son had surgery on both of his legs when he was only eight years old. And many more surgeries to follow over the years. I felt sooo guilty. But he is 30 now...and when I told him how guilty I felt about "giving" him the condition, you know what he told me? He said..."Mom, if I had a choice of life with this or no life...I would have chosen life...and if I had a choice of having you as a Mom as opposed to most of my friends Moms...I would choose to have you. Condition or not"

Your son will come through the surgery with flying colors...trust me. It will hurt you way more than it will hurt him. Being a Mom - watching the little ones get medical treatments is REALLY hard to do. But the little ones? If he was older, he would probably think the whole thing was "cool"...but at five months, he probably won't be aware of much at all...except that his loving Mom is right there by his side. Your a good mom. Your son is very lucky.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

on vacation
    Charlotte, I just wanted to add that they say that God never gives you more than you can handle so he must know that you are stronger than you've realized. I know it's gotta be hard but if it helps any, your little guy is going to grow up and live a full life and all he's going to remember from this time is that he was loved so much by his parents that they took this semi-risk to ensure his well being and his happiness in the future.

You can never be wrong for loving your kids so much. Worrying just comes with being a good loving mom. Good luck.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaminginblond
    Charlotte, I just wanted to add that they say that God never gives you more than you can handle so he must know that you are stronger than you've realized. I know it's gotta be hard but if it helps any, your little guy is going to grow up and live a full life and all he's going to remember from this time is that he was loved so much by his parents that they took this semi-risk to ensure his well being and his happiness in the future.

You can never be wrong for loving your kids so much. Worrying just comes with being a good loving mom. Good luck.
    I agree with what you said dreaminginblond.
    Today is a new day, lets see that beautiful smile!
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Hey Charlotte , just wanted to let you know I had twins that needed surgery when they were really small. It was way way harder on me than on them, but it sure was hard watching the nurses carry them away. They now have no memory of the surgery obviously.Because it was done when they were so small , scarring was also minimal.

I'm so sorry about your uncle. Workplaces don't care much how close you are to a family member , they just go by the book. I'm sure the rest of your family knows your thoughts are with them.

I am sorry things are so though for you right now and I truly hope everything turns out nicely for you.

Angel boy

Update

Just wanted to let everyone know that Christian's surgery went just great. He was only in there for about an hour, and he acts as though nothing ever happened. He did pull his IV partially out while I was holding him in recovery and screamed bloody murder, but after that was fixed, he was fine.

Thanks again for all your kind words and thoughts!!
    America- love it or leave it!

charlottej -- YAY!!!!!! I'm so happy for you, now you can get on with the important things in life like dirty diapers and baby smiles.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Charlottej, that is so great to hear. I'm so happy his surgery went well. Now you and your family could get on with normal everyday things like playing and changing diapers
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Angel boy
    Thanks, rose. He is truly a blessing and an amazing child to have a finger amputated yesterday, and today he acts as if nothing happened!!
    America- love it or leave it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast