+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm sad

My condolences, Charlotte.

BTW, look at your son's surgery this way...by age 10, he will be bragging to all his buddies about his extra thumbs. Boys are weird that way.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Charlotte, I'm sorry to hear about the sudden death of your uncle. My dad died suddenly and it was hard not saying good-bye.

Best wishes to all of you for the surgery.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    charlottej, I don't have any words of advice for you, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Premium Member
    Charlotte,
    I take care of babies who have surgery all the time and I can tell you that your little guy will do just fine. Babies heal and recover much faster than adults, the truth is this whole thing is going to be way harder on you than it will be on him. Don't cancel the surgery, you can trust your doctors that it really is the best thing for him. Compared to what he will be put through in later years by mean, cruel classmates this will be a small thing. Just hang in there, you'll make it through and he will be fine.

I'm also so sorry about the loss of your uncle. That is so hard to not be able to be there, when my uncle passed away I could have made the 3 hour drive to go to the funeral but I couldn't get off work. It seems that many employers only recognize "immediate" family members like parents or children, sometimes not even brothers and sisters. I've known people who have made up numerous "aunts" and "uncles" just to steal some time off, so I do understand that employers have to set limits. It's not fair that the rest of us have to suffer for those dishonest people who abuse the system. Your family will understand, and you will find your own way to say goodbye. It's so hard now but remember you have all of our thoughts and prayers to lift you up.

Charlotte, let me first say that our prayers are with you. We were unable to attend my grandfathers funeral due to the fact that we couldn't afford to fly to another state.

My daughter had to have tubes in her ears at age 2, not really a big deal, but the doctor was also taking out her adnoids and tonsils, therefore they were putting her completely under anesthesia. I thought I was going to pass out when they wheeled her away on the gurney. She had the surgery at 7 am and at Noon we were taking her home. By 4pm she was up acting like nothing had happened. She was trying to eat everything in site!! She proved to me that kids really are as resiliant as they say. Praying that all goes well and keep us informed on how the surgery goes.

I just received a call... it doesn't look like my two step children's great grandma is going to make it through the day. Even though it is family from my husband's ex-wife, we are still close to them...closer than his ex-wife is to her own family, man what a way to start the week.
    Last edited by Melitta; 08-30-2004 at 11:53 AM.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Angel boy
    A big heartfelt thanks to all of you for your kind posts and pm's. I am overwhelmed by the kindness of my FORT family!

Melitta, my prayers will be with your family as well.

I will keep you all updated, and thanks again for lending an ear!

Charlotte

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry to hear about your sorrows. I have been through so much ups an downs in my life as well at the young age of 23 and I can tell you that life is never going to be perfect, it is about ups and downs and this trend will forever continue. I hope that your baby will be perfect after the operation and sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle. Also, know that you are in the prayers of many people.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Unklescott, I absolutely agree with you about ADK's post......brialliantly said and poignant, ADK.

Let me add my condolences to you Charlotte, It seems as if life throws zingers at us in groups, doesn't it? As for your uncle, I'm sorry you can't make the funeral, but as someone else suggested, you might have your own little memorial, and it may really help. My father died suddenly of a heart attack at home when he was 43 (I was 2 days from 16), and I found him. As utterly traumatic as that was, I eventually became the person I am today. My husband's family is wonderful and when my mother died 3 years ago, they continued to embrace me. I have found that your friends and their families can become your new family. I hope time brings you peace.

About your son, I can't really give you much advice, and you've been given a lot of reasonable, loving thoughts here before me. The only thing I can tell you, is I had a compound fracture of the two bones in my left leg when I was 7, and many surgeries then, and again when I was 12, and I don't have any memories of it being particularly difficult.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Charlotte,

I am so sorry about your news. This is a tough time for you and your family. I wish you all the best, goodluck and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. *hugs*

Angel boy
    You guys are all so awesome!! Thanks so much for the kindness and sympathy. Things seem so much better today, and I know they will be better tomorrow. That's how it works. It's nice to have a "family" to chat with here at the FORT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast