+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fundraising Ideas Needed

Fundraising Ideas Needed

I need some help. My company conducts a fundraiser every year for our local Childrenís Hospital. No, Iím not asking for donations from you. What I need are ideas for things I can do in my restaurant to raise funds. We sell candy bars, coffee mugs with our logo, have a bake sale and a yard sale. Iím sure with all the great minds we have here at the FORT yíall can come with some great ideas for me. I need to raise $3000 by the end of September. The money is being used for the Center for Child and Family Advocacy.
    The Center for Child and Family Advocacy is a partnership of Children's Hospital and the Columbus Coalition Against Family Violence. Other partners in the Center are the Columbus Division of Police, Franklin County Children's Services, the office of Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O'Brien, the office of Franklin County Sheriff Jim Karnes, CHOICES for Victims of Domestic Violence, and Prevent Child Abuse Ohio.
    All of these services will be located in the same building which will ease the process of dealing with these situations. Instead of getting run around to 12 different offices, victims will only need to go to one location.
    Thanks in advance and Iím looking forward to some great ideas from all of you.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    hey what kind of restaurant do you have? is it fine dinning. how about a raffle for a party of six for dinner, sell the tickets at like $20 and sell at least 300 or so. ya think?

Good Lord unk, what happened to Foggy? He looks out of sorts just a wee bit today.
    I think joeguy's idea is good; also here's another. I remember raffling off a Big Green Egg grill (well, really a ceramic cooker) for the Children's Miracle Network one time; I have never, ever seen anything sell as many tickets as that thing did. My saddle club got the thing from a local dealer who let us get it at 'cost' when he found out what it was for. I think we sold a few thousand tickets at $2 each; everyone wanted that grill and we didn't even have it set up where it could be seen, just had a brochure with pictures.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Does the fundraiser have to take place inside the restaurant? I was thinking maybe do a used book sale and get people to donate their old books that they do not want anymore.

Activities need to take place at the restaurant. Each of our 10 locations are responsible for raising money. One of the things we did last year was a dunk tank outside. We had like a mini carnival, face painting, some kids games, etc. We had bingo one night.

I'll share a couple of things that my crisis center has done. We sell Entertainment Books, although you don't make a lot of money on that - $7 per book. I actually have sold the most of those to people on the FORT and a Las Vegas board that I belong to. Folks over there bought Vegas books for vacationing there. People can buy them all over the country and still benefit us. If they enter out group's number - 741182. Hint. Hint.

Another idea we're planning is to have a "non-event". You have nice invitations printed up that say something like:
    Agora Crisis Center invites you to join us in staying home!
    You will not have to eat rubber chicken, make small talk with strangers or listen to boring speakers.
    You will not have to buy an outfit, get a babysitter or pay parking fees.
    Governor Richardson, Mayor Chavez and other dignitaries will not be not attending along with you.
    Join us in staying home with our friends and families by sending in your donation today

We've rented a dunk tank and gotten local lawyers to sit in it while people bought chances to "Dunk A Lawyer!"

We're always looking for good ideas too. Fundraising is hard.

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    I don't know if this is an appropiate fund raiser for the cause the $$ is going to.

Last year my friend's mom's best friend's son had a heart problem. I was asked to host a charity event at my ex-school to help out. In just ONE HOUR, we raised HK$30,000 which is US$3846- more than enough for your cause.

If you really want to know....
    you donate money to have guys leg waxxed.

Also a slave auction works great.
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

Unk - I am having a real difficult time recognizing you today. I had to look at your av 3 times before I realized it was you!

What about a silent auction? I was recently at a shop who had 3 really neat gift baskets of donated items set on a table in their effort to raise money for a charity. They had a basket of products from Aveda Salon, a basket of gourmet food and cooking items and a basket of kids items (lego's and such). For about 2 weeks the baskets remained with an auction sheet where people would write their offer and bid up the price. One of the baskets was up to several hundred dollars! Maybe some local shops would be willing to donate some items, a nice ladyfriend of yours could arrange them in a basket and you could have your own silent auction. It always amazes me how generous people can be! Maybe even aution for a date with Unklescott

One other idea....just set up a paypal account and hawk for donations from your fellow forters!

Good luck and let us know if we can help.
    Last edited by applesauce; 08-26-2004 at 03:45 PM.

When we had our restaurant my daughter got involved in an exchange program with our sister city in Russia. 5 of our kids went to Russia for 3 weeks and 5 of their kids came here throughout one summer. So, we had to raise a bunch of money. One of the things we did in our restaurant was, my daughter, who is a pretty good artist, drew up a couple of things pertaining to both cities, made lots of copies and took them to the local grade school and asked the teachers to have the kids color them. Then we got them back, colored and decorated by the kids and we "sold" them to our customers. Meaning, for a donation (I don't remember now how much ) they purchased a drawing and it was displayed on the wall in our restaurant. This worked well in a small town because the kids got their parents and grandparents to buy their artwork so it could go on the wall. Many people gave more than the asking price I know. It was a cool way to get younger kids involved in the program too.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

We held a really cool fundraiser in our office for United Way just the other week:

Someone went out and bought a really cheap plant/tree and then purchased $50 dollars worth of Lotto Tickets and hung them on the tree. (To save on costs I'm sure a paper cut-out of a tree would work just as well).

Then tickets were sold at $2 a piece and the winner of the draw won the "lotto Tree". We raised over $500 in our office of 100 people. It went over really well!
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast