+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fundraising Ideas Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Sun84
    We held a really cool fundraiser in our office for United Way just the other week:

Someone went out and bought a really cheap plant/tree and then purchased $50 dollars worth of Lotto Tickets and hung them on the tree. (To save on costs I'm sure a paper cut-out of a tree would work just as well).

Then tickets were sold at $2 a piece and the winner of the draw won the "lotto Tree". We raised over $500 in our office of 100 people. It went over really well!

Neat idea Sun84...and

I appreciate the input. We do solicit the area businesses to donate products that we raffle off throughout the month.

Fundraising Ideas

Hello-
    I am a member of a theatre group and we published a cookbook. We collected recipes from friends, family members, cast members and others and created a cookbook. There are a lot of great cookbook as fundraiser companies. The one we used was called Morris Press and they were great. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Angela

theatregirl25 and thanks for making your first post here.
    I wouldn't have enough time for that this year as we only have the month of September. Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by AR Boy
    I don't know if this is an appropiate fund raiser for the cause the $$ is going to.

Last year my friend's mom's best friend's son had a heart problem. I was asked to host a charity event at my ex-school to help out. In just ONE HOUR, we raised HK$30,000 which is US$3846- more than enough for your cause.

If you really want to know....
    you donate money to have guys leg waxxed.
    Haha...I kinda like that idea.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    ^ so do I, but I need to find the proof (pictures) to prove to UnkleScott I did it lol
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

Quote Originally Posted by AR Boy
    ^ so do I, but I need to find the proof (pictures) to prove to UnkleScott I did it lol
    I'll take your word for it.

How about a car wash? Do any of the employees at your restaurant have teenage or pre-teen kids? They could wash the cars in the parking lot.

I think the yard sale is a good idea, too.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

We did one where we got a baby pig and then started with one big wig that someone is close to. You take the pig to their office and say so and so sent this pig and you have to kiss it or donate 25 or whatever amount you want. Then that person gets to send the pig to someone and eventually you make sure it winds up at say a local radio that will go along or some other local celebrity and they have to come to the restaurant and " kiss the pig" for the cause. You could also make it a contest between to radio dj's if they will play along. They each send a pig to a different person and it gets passed for say 2 weeks or how ever long. The whole time you or they are keeping track on the radio. The end of the time they both meet at the restaurant knowing the one who earned the least amount of donations for their pig has to be the one to kiss it there at the restaurant.

Since it will be announced on the radio and all that people will come to the place to eat and see the festivities. You can make a portion of all the proceeds for the night go to the charity you can sell T-Shirts, and other fun stuff for the evening.

You can also try to enlist possibly two local anchors from the tv station to be your two teams. It is a lot of fun because if you get it sent to just one big fish then they all know eachother and so Company Owner #1 sends it to Bank President #2 and no one wants to look bad so they donate. Let two of your most fun employees be the pig delivery and collector for the donations. They give the news that the persons buddy has just sent them this pig with the choice to kiss it or donate. They wear a company shirt with maybe a button or something with the information on it and they can leave behind receipts for tax donations.

It is a blast!

1. Kissing booth OR ... this one was actually done somewhere else, get in touch with a local cheer leading team or football team or something & charge people to shake their hand... $1 per handshake... (works good if you have some awesome baseball team or a local "celebrity" kind of sports team that would be willing to donate some of their time.... I know the cheer leader team that did this in a mall did actually make a good amount of money )

2. "Guess the amount" --- pour a zillion m&ms or gumballs or whatever into a big jar & have people guess the amount.... charge $1 per guess (they should be able to do as many guesses they want to of course, the more the more $$$$). Winner gets the entire jar of gumballs or m&ms or whatever or maybe a gift certificate to the restaurant or something like that.... (I mean the idea is to give to the charity, if I saw something like that I'd probably easily drop 5 bucks to guess 5 times....)

3."Pet beauty contest" ... have people turn in pictures of their pets, $5 or so to enter their pet, then have restaurant customers vote on the pictures to decide a winner.... you could do this in all 10 locations. I know for a fact that people LOVE to show off their darling pet babies & would happily pay a little bit to enter their darlings in a contest like this Make a cool ribbon or something for the winner stating it's "(restaurant's name) champion of 2004" .... I would definitely enter my dog!

Well, I've got a lot of ideas but...it's bed time (Gotta save some brain power for school tomorrow.... :-))

Good luck with your charity!!
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast