+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Explorica:a learning traveling experience

Explorica:a learning traveling experience

Has anyone here been to other countries?
    I mean besides your home country?
    Me and some friends are planning a trip through
    www.explorica.com and we are going to Italy and Greece.
    Just want to know what others thought of this.
    and its going to be a hefty fee of $2235
    and i want to know if it seems worth it. We will be going there for 10-12 days.
    Thanks

Of course it's worth it! Italy is gorgeous and I'd go back in a heartbeat -- I've been to Venice but didn't get a chance to stay long or go further south. I haven't been to Greece but would love to go.
    You might be able to save some money by staying in hostels.
    Have a great time!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I wish I would have done something like that when i was younger. After the career and family get established thoses types of trips become harder and harder to put together. I guess that is why so many retired people travel so much. When they were young, they didn't have the money to travel. When they finally had the money, they were too busy with kids and careers to take off and see the world. Definately go on this trip. Have fun. Make memories. Take pictures and post them here at the FORT!
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

DJ, if that includes everything, that's a heck of a deal! Price is relative; even if you have to pay for airfare and meals, that's a pretty good price for guided tours, ground transportation and hotels. Just check some reviews of the tour company before you pay. (I haven't actually left the country yet, but my choice of magazines and websites tends toward travel stuff, I'm always looking for my next vacation. Maybe do the overseas thing next year)
    Enjoy your trip!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

As a college student, I spent a semester overseas in England.

Because of this trip, I started to believe everyone (but especially Americans) should leave their home country at least once in their lives. Traveling abroad is the single most eye-opening experience you can engage in. Some reasons why:

You will form lifelong memories of your trip, and one of the great benefits of a trip like this is that you will have countless memories to reflect upon long after your return. It will affect your daily life, too, in ways you can't imagine now. Surprisingly, it will foster an even deeper and more abiding love in your home country than you have now: Traveling is fun, but there's no place like home.

Since my semester abroad, I have made three separate trips back to Western Europe, the most recent in January, when the future Mrs. Phat32 and I went to London and then Bath to visit with the family I lived with while I was an exchange student. Mrs. Phat32 had never been to England but had done a similar study abroad, on a coach tour through Italy. Neither of us has ever been to Greece, but it's on Mrs. Phat32's list.

I agree with queenb: The Explorica package sounds like a good deal, but I'd like to know more about what that includes, and how long you'd be going. I took a cursory look at their Web site and didn't learn much. I've never heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything.

Just go, use your common sense, and remember to have fun! You will never forget it!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread