+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: I must be at the FORT a lot because.....

Firegirl, we got rid of the post count party thread a while back. We had some discussion about it, and thought it made the site seem a little intimidating for new members. That, and some stupid people would post multiple times in it, just to hit the number they were trying to reach *cough*ronin-jackass*cough*.

Whether you've got 1 post, or 7000-something, we still want to hear from you!

Originally posted by John
    .....Whether you've got 1 post, or 7000-something, we still want to hear from you!
    Exactly!

I never even notice post count anymore
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

a post count party???
    never heard of one before
    the first website i always visit whenever i log online is www.fansofrealitytv.com
    there's really nowhere else i can go
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

Well, when we first opened the site, we had a thread where we'd celebrate our 100th, or 500th, or 1000th or whatever post. Like Firegirl, about to hit 1000, would have a little celebration.

But we don't do it any more.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by John
    Firegirl, we got rid of the post count party thread a while back. We had some discussion about it, and thought it made the site seem a little intimidating for new members. That, and some stupid people would post multiple times in it, just to hit the number they were trying to reach *cough*ronin-jackass*cough*.

Whether you've got 1 post, or 7000-something, we still want to hear from you!
    I think it was a great decision, John. I was having feelings of inadequacy. Wait, I still have those. Maybe it's something deeper. Dr. Kylie?

FORT Fogey
    Well, maybe yall can combine my birthday and 1000 party all in one! lol

I've always thought that content was more important than post count. (And no, I'm not just saying that because most of you guys have put me to shame! ) My post count would be a lot higher if I posted one of these: everytime you guys cracked me up.

Oh, by the way, I just may hit 1000 this week.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

We hope you hit 1000, Zhora, because when you do, we'll know there are 1000 posts on the site worth reading from you.

I'd much rather have 100 posts people wanted to read than 7,000 posts with only 100 that people wanted to read.

Originally posted by cali
    I never even notice post count anymore
    Right on, Cali! Me, neither.

OK, post #3349. Check.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by libra1022
    I really knew I was here a lot the other day when I started quoting Sher when describing The Surreal Life to one of my employees...I told her the biggest thing you need to know is that "Corey called Suzy because he promised he would, and Emmanuel laughed and laughed and laughed".
    awww, that makes me feel good!!

i must be at the fort a lot because:

1. i want a crockpot now.
    2. i'm thinking about hanging out with firegirl.
    3. it pisses me off when people are insensitive to my friends of fort in posts. (i'll sick the duck on you!!)
    4. i use fluff, john and wolf in daily conversations to my bf.
    5. when i see my best friend, jennifer, in real life, i have to think twice before i call her "Feif"

i know there's more.

+ Reply to Thread