+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: I must be at the FORT a lot because.....

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I got a lot of work done while there was no FoRT this week. If I really started to think about how much time I spend here.... nevermind
    I was completely the opposite - I didn't get ANY work done because I was so stressed to NOT have FoRT! All I could do all day long was hit "refresh" over and over on three different browsers, while talking to everyone in the chat room to maintain my sanity!!! Apparently my addiction is deeply rooted!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

I wish I'd known about the chat room. I thought I was the only one not able to get to the site.

How did you guys know about the chat room?

toothdoc

We've posted it at various times when doing system maintenance, Toothdoc. Unfortunately, once the site was down, there was no way of notifying those who didn't know about it where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc
    I wish I'd known about the chat room. I thought I was the only one not able to get to the site.

toothdoc
    I'm embarrassed to say how I found out about the chat room, but here goes . . .

When I couldn't get into FoRT, I started looking for message boards on all the major network sites for reality shows to see if anyone was talking about FoRT not being up. . . .like Survivor, TAR, etc. I couldn't find anything. Finally, I did the unthinkable *shudder* - I went to the Bachelor message board on the ABC website. I had been there once before and had vowed to never darken their doorstep again because a lot of the posts were so vile. However, they redeemed themselves a little in my eyes because there were a couple of threads devoted to the absence of FoRT. It was on one of those threads that I found the link to the chatroom.

When I logged onto the chatroom and saw familiar names, and realized that I wasn't the only person who couldn't get into FoRT - well, it was then that the sun began to shine in my world once again! I would have been lost without it!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc

toothdoc
    I was lucky that a couple of people had my e-mail address and told me, otherwise I wouldn't have known either.

After this week and all my obsessive rantings, Mr. Marleybone finally understands and has stopped asking me "fort who?" "what fort, where?"
    Last edited by Marleybone; 04-01-2005 at 09:41 AM.

I have the chatroom address saved in my favorites list so if the site goes down I have somewhere to go to get my fix.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    We've posted it at various times when doing system maintenance, Toothdoc. Unfortunately, once the site was down, there was no way of notifying those who didn't know about it where it was.
    I remember talking to you one time when you were doing maintenance. I just never thought to save the link to my favorites. I wish I had.

I appreciate all that you do. The temporary site was great. I still can't believe what with all the disk problems you had that you were able to save all the information you saved and that we are back. You are amazing.

toothdoc

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    ...when I looked at my Shop Rite receipt today it said "Your Friendly Cashier was......Lucy" and I immediately thought "snarkmistress???"

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    ...when I looked at my Shop Rite receipt today it said "Your Friendly Cashier was......Lucy" and I immediately thought "snarkmistress???"

I hear she has a part-time job now.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: I must be at the FORT a lot because.....

Because my son (who is 14) knows who gabriel and Joey are, he knows that Unklescott has lost over 100 lbs on WW, he knows that my friend Uncle David did NOT like Dick on BB, he knows all the stories about myrosiedog and Waldo, he knew that QBoots was a whiz about details for Lost and that JLuvs has been to tapings to almost all of my favorite reality shows (plus he saw her on Bachelor ATR)!

I mention their names and he knows exactly who I'm talking about.......

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread