+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: I must be at the FORT a lot because.....

FORT Fogey
    I had a strange dream the other day and for some reason bloonman was in it (I'm still confused)...

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I wasn't in it?

You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

FORT Fogey
    Nope, sorry. I think it's the fact that his picture is always on my avatar. It was a strange dream. He was blowing balloon animals and he killed a little kid. Actually, I think it was more of a strange nightmare...

FORT Fogey
    When I talk to friends, and want to say lol or something, I end up writing : lol, with the ":" in front of it! I casually will be talking with someone, and say something like, " I read it at the fort" ,and they're like, "What fort" I have to then explain.

-Rach

My signature is what made me realize that I must be at the FORT a lot.
    "Let's go piss off some heterosexuals ... if we can find any in this great, big, gay world of ours ... LET'S GO!" -Gale Harold, Queer As Folk season 3 wrap party reel

FORT Fogey
    I love it!

-Rach

FORT Fogey
    TK421, your signature is great

...because I keep a TV/VCR in my office (at work). The other Writers probably have different styles of approaching their recaps. I watch the program and tape it. The next day, I watch it again and take notes.

The TV/VCR belongs to my department and sat in the executive assistant's office. She conducts "legal training" for new employees, which basically means she shows them a videotape asking them not to show up at work drunk, not to gamble at work, etc. etc.

Since she hasn't had to conduct training in a while, I simply moved the TV/VCR into my office so that I can watch my tapes, take notes and write my recaps.

At first, my co-workers would come into my office, be a little shocked at the big TV on my small desk, and ask why I had it in my office.

"Well, on my lunch break, I like watching some sports and some news."

Now, they've stopped asking altogether. I think the guy in the adjoining office knows what I'm doing because (a) he knows I'm a writer at the FoRT and has looked at the site and (b) it's kind of hard to miss the theme song from The Contender spilling out of the office next door to yours.

Oh, and J. even knows all about the Fort and recognizes the names of people I talk about. "[So-and-so] wished you a happy birthday," I told her yesterday.

She smiled, said "That's very sweet," and went back to her business, without asking who it was or how I knew him/her.

Finally, I've had Fort dreams, too. (See above.) I know you have. I'll talk about mine if you talk about yours.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I watch shows (ex: American Idol) that would NEVER darken my TV screen, if I wasn't looking for another Forum to post under to extend my FORT visits.

I also share FORT comments with my family and friends, but that has more to do with how very interesting the posters are here.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    ...Finally, I've had Fort dreams, too.
    More ammo for the media when you get your 15 minutes of fame.

+ Reply to Thread