+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Browservillage Adware

Browservillage Adware

Hi all....I am currently getting some popups on my computer that no popup blocker seems to take care of...and spyware isn't detecting. The properties on the popup/adware indicate "xml.browservillage.com" I've tried everything I can think of to eliminate this annoying booger...to no avail. Any clues or thoughts on what might help? Many thanx!
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I performed a Google search using the term "browservillage." Here's a result that jumps out at me.

If you read enough of these posts, you'll see that some of these people eliminated this problem by using a tool called "CWSShredder." I recently fought a very nasty, resistant strain of adware on my brother's laptop and had no joy until I used CWSShredder. It's a great tool, and pretty much your last, best hope against spyware when Ad-Aware and Spybot can't fix your problem.

Unfortunately, it seems that the maker of CWSShredder just recently stopped updating and offering this tool.

That's the bad news. The good news is I just happen to have a copy of CWSShredder on my computer at work. If you PM me with a private email address, I'll be happy to send it to you.

(P.S. Under normal circumstances, I would tell you never to open and run an attachment from your email, especially since you don't know me. But if you do a few searches on CWSShredder, you'll see that it's on the up-and-up. Check me out, too, if you like--I've posted a few responses to users on the FoRT just recently who have had issues with their computers.)
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I'll vouch for Phat32. He's a good guy and has been a great help on computer stuff before.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

You can vouch for me anyday at anytime
    Happy NFL Training Camp!

Beware of anything from phat, he's a phreak.

Okay, I'm just kidding, of course. He's a guru.

+ Reply to Thread