+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay this dream is bothering me

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar

Okay this dream is bothering me

I don't know why but this dream i had last night is really bugging me. I'll tell you about it not in great detail but you'll get the just of it.

OK so I'm with my good friend Mandy and we are in some house sitting on a couch with about 7 other people and this guy is throwing knives at us for some reason. Then I'm at this dance thing and everyone i know there is telling me exactly how i'm going to die. And i was suppose to die at the dance that I'm at. I'm going to be dancing and i slip on something and hit my head on the floor and die from that. So the song comes on that i did my hip hop routine to last year and i go out to dance. Mandy comes up to me and says "Goodbye Danielle ill miss you so much" i still go out and dance and fall but i woke up or stopped dreaming but i remember falling and it hurt ALOT but i don't remember dieing.

So everyone knew how i was going to die and they were telling me. But i still went along with it. It was like i wasn't afraid of death and i wanted to die or something.

Does anyone know what this might mean??...Because its really bugging me for some reason...Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks.
    peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

There are all kinds of websites that have dream interpretations. You might want to google and see what you can find out. I wouldn't worry about the "death" part of your dream, though. I've heard that death actually signifies new beginnings in dreams. You might be entering into a new phase of your life, that may not frighten you, but frightens those who care about you.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Sounds like you're expecting some kind of an unavoidable change to happen in your life, something that'll happen whether you want it to or not?
    You're heading out on some kind of a different path or discovering new sides of yourself, maybe a side that doesn't seem to fit you right now but is emerging regardless...

Are you nervous in the dream or are you comfortable & not worried about slipping & dieing?

I may be way off base here too, but it could be romantically or intimately ...?

It's late...I gotta go to bed...lol. I'll think about it some more... I love this stuff
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I'm big on dreams and their meaning.

Death: (from Dream Central)

For years in our family it has meant that someone in the family would soon be wed and the wedding would be beautiful. In some circles it means a birth, the opposite of death. To be unable to identify the dead person means a windfall of money for you, To talk to a dead relative is a sign of great good luck.

You might want to check out Swoon and Dream Central.

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar
    Hey thanks all!!!...Tigrazhia - In the dream im just having a good time not scared or anything

Thanks for your in put it really helps

peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I need help with a reoccurring dream.

I'm walking through a dark tunnel with a boyfriend I had 20 years go. We're almost all the way through, and he lets go of my hand and starts to walk off. I tell him "Pete, please don't leave me here, I'm blind, I can't see" but he keeps on walking, not saying a word to me. I plead and scream for him to come back, but he doesn't. I don't ever remember what happens after that...

The weird thing is I haven't even seen this guy in over 20 years, it wasn't a bad break-up, but he's always the one in this dream.

In my dreams, I can [/b]always[/B] see perfectly -- no blindness. But (in my dreams) all my friends and family treat me as being blind, and I feel like a fraud -- that I'm been lying to them and I'm NOT blind. Weird.

Oh, the other one is being in a scary situation where I have to dial 911, or any other type of number, and I keep messing up dialing. I can never get the numbers in correctly. BTW -- I had this dream frequently before my vision loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy

I'm walking through a dark tunnel with a boyfriend I had 20 years go. We're almost all the way through, and he lets go of my hand and starts to walk off. I tell him "Pete, please don't leave me here, I'm blind, I can't see" but he keeps on walking, not saying a word to me. I plead and scream for him to come back, but he doesn't. I don't ever remember what happens after that...

The weird thing is I haven't even seen this guy in over 20 years, it wasn't a bad break-up, but he's always the one in this dream.

In my dreams, I can [/b]always[/B] see perfectly -- no blindness. But (in my dreams) all my friends and family treat me as being blind, and I feel like a fraud -- that I'm been lying to them and I'm NOT blind. Weird.

Oh, the other one is being in a scary situation where I have to dial 911, or any other type of number, and I keep messing up dialing. I can never get the numbers in correctly. BTW -- I had this dream frequently before my vision loss.

From Swoon.com:

A dream of warning; whether the dream involved others who were blind or your own blindness, it is a straightforward sign of deceit among those you trust most. If an ex-boyfriend torments you persistently, try to isolate the offending presence and walk away toward sweeter dreams.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I have the second dream a lot. Two or three per week. I get so frustrated - it's always something that I absolutely have to do (like dialing 911) and not being able to do it, for various reasons. It seems the reason that I can't accomplish what I need to do isn't as important as what I actually need to do. Sort of like the means are more important than the end. I'm not sure that all makes sense. But is very frustrating.

The first dream (tossing out some random dream ideas from old Gestalt theories):

So, taking it apart: What you basically have is you and Pete walking through a dark tunnel and he leaves you.

Do you know where you were going? Pete was leading you somewhere?
    And you trust Pete, right? I think he was chosen at random by your subconscious simply to represent "trust".
    What might the tunnel represent? (Sometimes and tunnel is just a tunnel?)
    What are you feeling as you walk down the tunnel? (scared, excited, curious...)
    And then at the end of the dream you are left standing by yourself in the tunnel, obviously scared. Does it occur to you, in your dream, that you can go back?

Pete represents trust in yourself would be my best guess. As though you are okay with yourself right now, and you are relatively comfortable with how far you've traveled so far. But now your trust has gone on without you. Now you are left alone, and have to figure out a way to get yourself out. And Pete's not there anymore.

I think the part about not actually being blind comes from the fact that in your subconscious, you are not blind. Your conscious and subconscious parts of your brain are struggling with that. Consciously you know you are blind. But what your subconscious doesn't understand is that you are. So naturally what you get from that is guilt. To me, it sounds like your conscious and subconscious are clashing, each has its own "reality" - and they are looking how to resolve that. Therefore, (no offense to KymberlyAnn) I would think the description from Swoon.com would be misleading in your case because of the fact that you actually are blind, not just dreaming it. Does this make sense?

That's about all I can come up with. Mostly a bunch of questions and a mish-mash of ideas.
    Last edited by J.D.; 08-23-2004 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy

I think it's you actually walking away from another side of yourself. An older/past part of you that you don't want to let go of, but that's slipping away, perhaps because you don't need that part of yourself...it could be any part of you like a certain skill or a certain belief or just a change in personality or something like that. The fact that it's your boyfriend, it must be the person you attribute to who you were back then thus he is the one personified in your dream as your "alter ego" or "previous self" .... does any of that make sense?

It could also be something as simple as wanting your perfect eye sight back... and realizing that the vision loss is in fact a part of your life & by accepting it you grow & become more independent. (What do I know, I'm not sure how long it's been since then, but I know it'll probably take a long time to adjust to such a big change....)

Eye sight would be something from the past, which again would be a reason why a guy from your past would be the personified object in the dream.
    Walking in a tunnel is dark & narrow and you would want someone there to lead you through it...you said you're almost through the tunnel, you must realize somehow that your need for someone to lead you through it isn't as great anymore because you're more independent & can cope on your own... ?

Again sounds like some kind of acceptance issue over loss of sight To me it sounds like this dream relates to dream 1 in a lot of ways.

I gotta go sleep...lol ... I probably make no sense but hey... That's why I'm here =P
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

The first part of your dream definitely has a sexual component. Knifes are phallic symbols, so being "penetrated" by knives, would mean......The other part of your dream seems to be more about a fear of losing control,than about death, and in your dream you are also your friend Mandy, so you do know that you are going to do the 'dance' , even though a part of you is reluctant to hand over your power to someone else, but the attraction is too great. Did you know the guy throwing the knifes, are you attracted to him. I would guess it's about fear of doing something romantically that part of you wants to do and another part of you doesn't want to give that much power over to anyone, and that's why the conflict. Then again, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. That will be 140 dollars please.
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 08-24-2004 at 03:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast