+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Detroit Auto Show

2003 Detroit Auto Show

Of course, the 2003 Auto Show is going on in Detroit. I hope some of you in the area got a chance to go!

Some of the more interesting vehicles:

Acura Sports Sedan:

BMW Z8 Alpina:

GM Hy-Wire (the body is interchangeable - see the article I'm about to post on this car, if I can find it. I read about it in US News):

the bmw is nice, but in dallas, you would be crushed by all the huge trucks and suvs

*wants an suv to call her own so she can see around all the other autos*

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Sher, my wife and I traded in our little Jetta wagon for a used 2002 Montero over the holidays. We were so used to looking up at all the other cars in the Jetta. In the Montero we drove past a car and my wife looked down and said "What is that?" I said "It's a Jeep Grand Cherokee!" I felt drunk with power!

Of course, now we have to make sure we don't roll the darned SUV.

wayner! how you doing?

i'm not worried about rolling the thing.... my first car was a jeep cj-7.

lol_its_fun
    I think this one is close to concept car and is on the street already.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My husband may be going to the auto show, but I have no interest in cars.

But last week downtown was great for guy watching, all the reporters and writers for the car magizines etc. Lots of nice looking men in Motown.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

hmmmm I got to wait till the show comes to St. Louis, make sure I go this year. Haven't been to an auto show in three years.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I just had to add a great concept car - the Cadillac Cien:

A 7.5-liter, 12-cylinder engine. Although it has the option to shut half it's cylinders down for fuel efficiency.

The Cien delivers on its visual promise of power with a 7.5-liter V12 that kicks out 750 horsepower and 450 pound-feet of torque (despite its testosterone-packed grunt, the all-aluminum engine still manages to meet the fuel economy standards of a V8). The concept engine dubbed a Northstar XV12 offers a number of nifty breakthrough features. General Motor's Displacement on Demand technology maximizes fuel efficiency by occasionally allowing the car to run on six cylinders. A combined starter generator allows for faster, more muted starts. And a direct-injection gasoline combustion system amps up power, sharpens fuel efficiency and cuts down emissions. The car is governed by a semi-automatic tranny with racing-style electronic paddle shifting crafted to handle its high-torque engine.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Originally posted by Ilikai
    hmmmm I got to wait till the show comes to St. Louis, make sure I go this year. Haven't been to an auto show in three years.
    hey bro, I just missed the one in reno, they didn't advertize till the weekend it was held. not like orlando. they at least let you know two weeks ahead of time

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    what was the 'big fight' that shut the auto show down on that past Sat evening?? I heard on the news (we get Detroit tv here) there was one, but never caught the details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast