+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How far would you drive to see your favorite celebrity?

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...

How far would you drive to see your favorite celebrity?

I'm thinking of driving a couple hours or more to see some of my favorite morning radio/tv hosts. They are having a personal appearance this week and I will have the afternoon off. I'm not obsessed or anything, but I think it would be great to meet them and maybe get a photo or autograph.

How far would you drive to get a chance to meet one of your favorite celebrities or authors, etc?

Tell us your stories...
    Just take a breath and relax...everything's going to be just fine...

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    I can't drive.

But I would go to NYC by public transportation. *nods*
    I was in love with a difficult man.

I would drive all the way over to the nearest movie theater. I am not starstruck at all.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Every single time I've run into someone famous, it's not because I've tracked them down. Just dumb luck
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Premium Member
    I've never really driven very far to meet an actor or whatnot, but I've gone very far to see bands and will continue to do so. I think the longest I've ever driven just to see a band was 6 hours and I made numerous trips from Knoxville TN to Atlanta (4 hours) to see bands when I was in college.

A couple of hours is nothing and I'm sure you could make a fun little trip out of it. I say go for it, you'll regret it if you don't.

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I would have been prowling around in NY if I could afford to meet the one in my av. Adrien Brody. But I think I finish with school first before I go star-chasing.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    I would drive all the way over to the nearest movie theater. I am not starstruck at all.

To meet a star.. or author I wouldn't travel at all.. to see a band is a different story. We've made the 4 hour drive from home to Toronto to see Madonna and John Mellencamp and I would have done it to see The Lion King (on stage) if anyone had been willing to go with me.

We've driven 5.5 hours to Niagara Falls to look at rushing water NF is one of my fave places on earth - I'd made that drive in a heartbeat at anytime.

ETA: when I was younger we used to get drunk and have the DD drive us 1.5 hours to North Bay to go to a bar

mstv- if you want to meet these guys I think you should take the opportunity - create your own memories
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I was this --> <-- close to flying to Houston to see Muse in concert when they cancelled in Phoenix, but the babysitter fell through. I would only travel to see concerts. Famous people don't do much for me. (Now I will just have to go to Europe to see Muse!)
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

This is Mrs Celebrity chaser herself speaking....

Before I had kids, I would have done what it took to meet someone I loved, now with kids it's not as easy. If I was guaranteed to meet the person, I would probably do whatever. If I was "hunting" a celebrity, well...I would look for them around hotels in my city and stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast