+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How far would you drive to see your favorite celebrity?

I would step a foot out the door much less drive anywhere.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Well I've driven up to 6 hours for a concert several times (Kiss, Rod Stewart, Garth Brooks, Elton John, AI tour, Van Halen) and thought they were ALL worth it. If Jim Carrey, Will Smith, Jack Black or anyone from LOST were anywhere around, I would have to drive my son to meet them...he LOVES them...I'd be thrilled to meet them too!

I'm hopefully (fingers crossed) going to Hawaii in October and I can pretty much guarantee you that I will scout the island for any members of LOST tho!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Premium Member
    I wouldn't at all. I don't like the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    I'd drive, fly, take a train, or even walk as far as necessary to see my friends, however. Those relationships are precious to me, and I'd do anything to maintain them.

I feel the same way! I drove 9 hours to visit my best friend in college a few times and longer than that for family. For a celebrity...no way! If they were close by, I wouldn't be inconvenienced, and it wasn't too crowded, I might take a peek.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    I wouldn't ever go out of my way to see a "celebrity." Life Feifer, I'm not at all star struck.

But for celebrities? They do nothing for me. Friends mean the world to me but celebries don't. I'd do nothing to go see them.

I feel exactly that way, Pom. I really think if I were to accidentally run into a celeb, I'd probably not be very impressed about it, if I even recognized them!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Several years ago Marianne Faithful was in town doing a book signing. I thought that since I intended to read the book anyway, I might just go buy it at that particular bookshop and get it signed while I was there. By the time my workday was over, I didn't feel like it anymore so I cycled home. I think I later got the book from the libary.

Around the same time, Rowan Atkinson was in town doing a signing type of thing as his Mr. Bean character had become incredibly popular. Personally, I couldn't care less about Rowan Atkinson and even less than that about Mr. Bean, but Mr. Rattus, whose birthday was coming up, has always enjoyed Rowan Atkinson's work (though not the Mr. Bean stuff). So I bought a Rowan Atkinson birthday card and went and stood in the line-up, which was apparently 2 kilometres long, and waited for my entire lunch hour to have him sign the card to Mr. Rattus. We moved about 5 feet and then Mr. Atkinson left. I in no way blame him for this - the number of people waiting was apparently a huge surprise to everyone, not to mention newsworthy.

Anyway, that's as far as I'll go for celebrity contact, and it would have to be to someone else's benefit.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Newbie
    I will drive anywhere if she calls me personally and pays for it

Not very far. But living out here and another big city most of my adult life, I have gotten a chance to see many by now - and the rest, my MOST favorites, unfortunately are deceased! (Groucho Marx, John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley) Maybe I don't really have favorites since reaching a certain age...Maybe having favorites is part of the enthusiasm of youth. I dunno. Also I tend to run into celebs just running errands out here, so the curiosity factor is pretty much nil.

Hubby & I are going to see Stan Lee intro Spiderman 2 tonight, though, but that's just because I thought this would be something hubby might like to attend. I do like Stan Lee though, since seeing him in that Superhero reality show - he seems like a good egg. But it's been ages since I've gone to something like this. In my 20s I went to all sorts of things to meet people I admired, mostly lectures. The novelty was that as a kid growing up in a smallish town, I never thought I'd get to do things like this.

But now that I live in a city where things 'like this' go on all the time, I've lost interest. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;1010056;
    I drove, with friends, two hours to see the Barenaked Ladies in concert, and also drove two hours to go to Farm Aid one year.
    Which Farm Aid did you attend? I went to the first one. I lived in IL at the time. Great concert.
    Last edited by Brandy; 10-30-2006 at 04:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234