+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How far would you drive to see your favorite celebrity?

H'm. As an adult, the only effort I ever made to meet a *celebrity* was when I attempted to go to a reading and book signing by Margaret Atwood (who I idolize), but it turned out to be an "invitation only" thing, and I didn't rate.

Other than that...nah. I would have liked to go to various readings given by Henry Rollins, Bill Clinton, and Martha Stewart, but I didn't have the price of admission.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    It depends on the context of "see" (I feel like Bill Clinton all of a sudden)

I drove down to Vegas (about 8 hours, but we had a brand new Jag to break in!) to go out with Dave Mordal, but that was for an actual weekend, not just a random sighting.

I drove about 45 or so minutes to see my fiance, Bob. (Kid Rock, just to erase any doubt ). Twice. Both trips were worth the drive, of course, but I'd drive "to the ends of the earth" for a weekend with him. Jag or not. *sigh*

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    It depends on the context of "see" (I feel like Bill Clinton all of a sudden)

I drove down to Vegas (about 8 hours, but we had a brand new Jag to break in!) to go out with Dave Mordal, but that was for an actual weekend, not just a random sighting.

I drove about 45 or so minutes to see my fiance, Bob. (Kid Rock, just to erase any doubt ). Twice. Both trips were worth the drive, of course, but I'd drive "to the ends of the earth" for a weekend with him. Jag or not. *sigh*
    J.D...I want your life Gee, I wouldn't mind "breaking in" a Jag!

I have seen a few celebs, but they have been in the town I lived in. I have seriously considered driving 70 miles to see the Michael Jackson fiasco called a trial....just out of curiosity mainly.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

across the street?

To meet Viggo (Mortensen) I'd drive my Sport Trac all the way down the I-15 till I hit Las Vegas! Well...maybe...it really depends, Vegas may be a bit of a stretch but perhaps I could combine it with an opportunity to take a mini vacation (2 birds, 1 all too famous stone.... =))

I would definitely be willing to travel a bit for a handshake, a couple of words and a couple of signatures from someone I like that much

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Oh, I did go down two flights of stairs to see Esther (Ester?) fka Madonna. There was an exercise gym place (can you tell I've never been to one? ) in the first floor of the office building I worked in. She's pleasant enough but she was with Dennis Rodman (they were here playing the Jazz) and he's really not that pleasant.

I met Dennis several times during his San Antonio Spurs era, which is when he hooked up with Madge, and he was nothing but nice, shy even. I never did run into him with her, so maybe she was the rotten apple.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

FORT Fogey
    I wouldn't ever go out of my way to see a "celebrity." Life Feifer, I'm not at all star struck.

I'd drive, fly, take a train, or even walk as far as necessary to see my friends, however. Those relationships are precious to me, and I'd do anything to maintain them.

That goes for the ones that started here on the Internet, too, for that matter.

To get to FORTCon in Vegas I (1) walked .8 mile with luggage to the train; (2) rode train to Boston; (3) changed trains to get on one heading to Logan; (4) flew from Boston to Vegas; and (5) walked all over the Vegas airport until my buddies Critical and roseskid and I finally hooked up on the same side of the security gates.

It was a lot of travel, but I'd do that again in a heartbeat to hang out with good friends.

But for celebrities? They do nothing for me. Friends mean the world to me but celebries don't. I'd do nothing to go see them.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl View Post
    I've never really driven very far to meet an actor or whatnot, but I've gone very far to see bands and will continue to do so. I think the longest I've ever driven just to see a band was 6 hours and I made numerous trips from Knoxville TN to Atlanta (4 hours) to see bands when I was in college.

A couple of hours is nothing and I'm sure you could make a fun little trip out of it. I say go for it, you'll regret it if you don't.
    Ditto on this, but I'm not sure why I'd travel for music and not an individual. The most that I've ever driven, is one hour, into the deep country to see Clay Aiken at a country fair. Otherwise, with all the theatres in Chicago, my commute is 5 miles or less. But, if I lived in a rural area or one that didn't have theatres, I'm sure that I'd have traveled much further to see someone I admired and respected.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Other than concerts --- which I travel up 5 or 6 hours for, I have only gone into LA to see celebrites....oh and San Diego.

The only celebs that I have traveled to see I actually know now...so I wouldn't consider them celebs anymore.

Most of my run ins have been totally random.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast