+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How far would you drive to see your favorite celebrity?

I've driven 4 hours to concerts numerous times in the past and seriously contemplated driving up to Atlanta (8 hours) when there's special appearances or none available in my area. That's about my limit, I'd go up to 8 hours if I was REALLY into somebody...and it would only be for a scheduled appearance or concert or something, other than that I'm really not into star tracking.

My roommate and I drove from Los Angeles to Dallas to see the Dixie Chicks during the Fly Tour in 2000. This was the second of the three times we saw them during this tour. The first was in Anaheim and the last was at the end of the tour when they added another show in Los Angeles.

The following month I drove to Las Vegas to work at the Billboard Awards where I spent the week hanging out with the Chicks.

Last summer I drove to Dallas and Houston, as well as seeing them locally in Austin during their latest tour.

Road trips are fun, and always worth it when there is a great concert at the end of the line!

Drove 5 hours to see Kenny Chesney.

I really could care less about "celebrities". I remember when parts of the movie "Proximity" were filmed in the office building where I used to work. On my way back from lunch, I saw a crowd had gathered in the lobby and I asked someone why. "Because Rob Lowe and James Coburn are here". My response: "Oh, that's nice"...and continued on my way.

My reaction would have been the same for my favorite celebrity. So to answer the question---I wouldn't even walk 10 feet, lol.

1 hour to see Jenna L., Gervase, Kelly W., Gretchen, Greg, and Ramona from Survivor.

I had an opportunity to drive one hour to see Elisabeth Filarski from Survivor give a talk at the Denver Zoo. It was invitation only so it would not have been packed. Even so, I did not go.

The guy that did go got me a personalized, autographed Polaroid picture of her, which made me realize I probably SHOULD have made the effort.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I drove, with friends, two hours to see the Barenaked Ladies in concert, and also drove two hours to go to Farm Aid one year. I've driven about one hour to see several bands. But two or three hours is about my limit for concerts, and I probably wouldn't go much out of my way just to gaze at a celebrity.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I love concerts but usually won't travel for a concert unless it's not too far and it's someone I really love. I prefer meeting celebrities and taking pictures and for that I would travel far and wide.

In 1997, I took a bus overnight from Montreal-New York (9 hour bus ride), to meet Eva LaRue.

I think you should drive/fly/toboggan/swim/whatever as far as you want to see your favorite celebrities. You only live once and you get very few brushes with greatness. Think of the great stories you might have. Ask the people who got to meet Marilyn Monroe, John F. Kennedy, Albert Einstein, or Babe Ruth if they regretted the distance they had to travel to meet them. I'm guessing they'll tell you it was well worth it. Just for the story to tell their grandkids.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

To the ends of the earth. Sounds good ,huh?
    I figure...why not, you only live once.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast