+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do you thank your spouse for housework?

Wow you guys all make me jealous! I never have to worry about weather or not to thank my hubby because in 26 years he has never washed a dish,done laundry,cleaned anything in the house,fed any of our kids or changed a diaper. In the last 26 years, he has probably mowed our yard 10 times(at the most). Once in a great while he will take out the garbage at night on his way out the door to go to work,Usually though it is only because I have reminded(nagged) on and off for an hour before he leaves.
    Anyways, No I don't think you should have to thank them for helping out. It is after all their home too.

Thank goodness! I felt guilty - acting like an inconsiderate so-and-so by not saying Thanks. Mav I did say oh! .. looks like someone has been busy in here
    The fact of the matter is he works 44 hours a week and I work 56 but some how the house and cooking all falls to me. Granted, the bulk of the housework is part of my 'paid job' because I work out of my home, but that's no excuse to leave everything to me.. and expect a pat on the back when you pitch in once in a while.

Ya know, before we got married he was a lot more handy around the house..
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

When he bothers to do something, I thank him.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    A
    Was I supposed to say thank you? When did ALL of the housework become my job? I know that the FORT is littered with awesome men who take on all of the housework so my question is:

Do you/Should you thank your spouse for doing housework?
    My answer is no. Why should we thank them for something they should be doing anyway? I don't receive thanks for housework, and I don't see why I should give any for everyday chores. Well, I do sometimes thank him, in a sarcastic tone. And for some reason my husband also begs for me to thank him if he has done something. If I would be really mean I would say that he reminds me of our dog in this aspect: "Hey, hey, I did what you said, drool, drool, need a treat..." (After reading back I saw that John already brought this up )
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    He never expects me to say thanks, just wants me to keep up with my share of the marital duties if you know what I mean.
    So true.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    This is one of those rare times when not being married shows its advantages. Since I'm single, if I don't do something, nobody bitches me out about it.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by applesauce
    He never expects me to say thanks, just wants me to keep up with my share of the marital duties if you know what I mean.

you know my husband is the same way applesauce........only problem is when my head hits the pillow its in dreamland.....
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

FORT Regular
    I thank my husband every night for cooking dinner. He is an EXCELLENT cook, and frequently goes to the store himself to buy wonderful ingredients for our meals. He loves to cook, and he is very good at it, while I SUCK! The least I could do is thank him for providing fabulous dinners on a regular basis.

My husband always thanks me when I cook.. and he compliments me too - even if it didn't really deserve a mention
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I am so lucky. My husband does all the laundry and yard work, those are his "jobs", and helps me with the rest when I'm doing it. He always thanks me for cleaning and brags on my cooking. He even sends me to bed if I'm tired and takes over whatever task I'm doing at the time. His theory is that if he helps me with the housework then I'll have more time to spend with him. When we were first married, he asked me to teach him how to do everything, so he would know how I liked it.

Perfect example, my Mom is dying from lung cancer and I've been spending a lot of time at their house taking care of her and Daddy. Last weekend I had planned to stay home and get caught up on chores and spend time with hubby and kitties, but Mom was having trouble and needed me. When I got home, all the housework was done. He's such a good husband.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast