+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do you thank your spouse for housework?

Dammit, Mav. Keep telling us stuff like that and that's it, I'm joining your team.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I only thank him if he does housework spontaneously which is rare,
    I start with a to do list and then nag next . But since I'm a stay at home mom he expects me to do the housework.....???
    I don't mind but I have to help with yardwork so he should have to help me inside the house........I think it sounds fair........

off my soap box......
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

What is this *husbands doing housework* you speak of? My husband wouldn't know if a broom if it smacked him in the head.

Well I shouldn't complain, when we got married we made the deal - I take care of the inside while the outside falls completely to him. I hate doing that sweaty yard work in the middle of summer. And we do have a fairly large yard, which he maintains beautifully.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Ajay, how you doin'?
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I'm with Jewelsy on the thanking myself.

I think I ought to start thanking myself, too...perhaps with jewelry, or a new outfit...
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I do that all the time AJ, so if you needs any tips, you know who to ask! Jewelry is a good place to start.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    You know, I actually always thank my husband for doing something around the house and then I hate myself because I think ...why am I thanking him for doing something for OUR home when I do it all the time?

It's interesting, but I think women do that quite often.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I think I ought to start thanking myself, too...perhaps with jewelry, or a new outfit...
    We could kiss each others' arms?

Premium Member
    No Way! He doesn't do much of it anyway but when he does he likes to keep reminding me of whatever he did. I told him if he's waiting for me to thank him just forget it because he doesn't thank me when I do it! We both work full time so the housework is not just MY job.

I have a friend who refuses to do her husband's laundry. She told him that she works full time too and he does not do HERS! Gotta love it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast