+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colby Goes To Canada: A Vacation Thread

Colby Goes To Canada: A Vacation Thread

Ok, I started this thread for multiple reasons. A lot of them are me, because I'm self-obsessive, but it's also to talk about my recent vaca/trip to Canada. I went with my Church Youth Group to Canada for a missions project. There were a whole bunch of churches and we helped people with whatever they needed help with. For instance, our crew tore down and rebuilt a deck. Another one did vinyl siding, etc . . . It really was a great experience. Also, it was completely out of my comfort zone, because I don't do manual labor, so I had to learn how to use power tools and stuff. I had the time of my life and met a bunch of great people, though, and here are the pics! They're in the Canada album, not that should be hard to figure out. Oh, and just so this isn't all about me, if anyone else wants to talk about summer vacations or whatever, feel free. Of course, I love talking about myself, but we can talk about everyone else in conjuction with me.
    Last edited by colby_d; 08-13-2004 at 10:04 PM.

Colby, that link won't open. Where in Canada were you?

Good for you, Colby. It does my heart good to hear some positive things about our youth nowadays.

Ok, pictures work now. Um, we were in Cornwall, Ontario. That was my first time to Canada, so I'm not sure about the Geography, but I don't think it was very far over the border. I know we weren't very far from Ottawa, because our Youth Group went there on our night off. We went to Parliament and all that.

Colby, that's great. I was unable to see the pics, it doesn't work
    You were close to me and you didn't call? *shame on you*

Well, I'm mad the pictures still aren't working even though they're working for me now. Anyway, had I known I was gonna be around anyone from the FORT, I'da planned a mini-reunion.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yeah Colby you were within 100k of me if you were in Cornwall

Seriously , I'm so not a not a church person , but why a "mission" to Cornwall? I mean it's not darkest Africa or anything. Well maybe on a good Saturday nite it's probably pretty godless and wild , but I don't think they are that bad.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Yeah Colby you were within 100k of me if you were in Cornwall

Seriously , I'm so not a not a church person , but why a "mission" to Cornwall? I mean it's not darkest Africa or anything. Well maybe on a good Saturday nite it's probably pretty godless and wild , but I don't think they are that bad.
    That's pretty funny, and actually I'm from Canada and our youth groups do missions to the U.S. usually called "project serve". The number one reason these youth groups help out on a more local level (fixing up run-down homes, and the poorer in regular communities) is that it is simply too expensive to send groups of kids to other continents. It also helps us to learn that missions starts at home with helping each other.
    Colby, you weren't so far off from me either! It sounds like you had a great experience!

Honestly, I don't know. World Changers, the group that puts this on, has things all over the country and a couple in Canada and one I Puerto Rico, I think. Your youth group can decide where they want to go and whatnot, and this year we went to Canada.

(I was about to hit "Post Quick Reply" and then I read your Location Eny. I have to say real quick, that one of the things I'll miss most about Canada is Tim Hortons. We went there so many times in a week. I probably ate over 2 dozen and had 3 or 4 iced cappucinos while we were there.)

That's so cool Colby.

Although, I do apologize. Cornwall isn't exactly very exotic, but Ottawa is very, very nice.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast