+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Our One Millionth Post

I have been watching that post counter at the bottom of the screen for a while. I will be waiting for that one to turn 1,000,000 now too. Its not that suprising that it was the F&G forum that the post was made. Congrats to J.D for making that post, couldn't have happened to a better person. And congrats to John, the mods and writers for making this site last and making it that damn good.

Our site is a little unique, in that most of the mods and some of the members all sprang forth at once. For a little history, all of the mods were "original mods" with the exceptions of JR, Miss F, Bill, and Amanda. JR and Miss F we knew very well, and Bill was our first "non-inner-circle" mod.

I'm the Admin only because we needed someone to keep the server running, and I'd had experience setting up the forum software. At FORT, the mods and admins are all equal partners in the ownership of the site, in a figurative way. We all have equal power, and almost everything is done by group concensus.

The writers we've added over the almost-2-years have been great, and are the primary reason we're as large and successful as we are. We couldn't have done it without them and their razor-sharp wit. Those who are currently writers, and those who have been in the past.

Our goal is and has always been to create a place that WE enjoy, and know that others will enjoy it as well. But not everyone, and that's cool too. The internet is a big place, and I've happily sent people to find a site that suits them, when the need arises. Life's too short to worry about that stuff.

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haejin
    Yep, it's MSC. Her birthday is Dec 26, if I remember correctly, and mine is Oct 24.
    If MSC is the youngest and you're the second youngest, I must be the third youngest. (October 20)
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

J.D. does it again !!!

here you go hon....center of attention in another thread!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Love the sig line, Eny
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Congrats JD!!! You lil whippersnapper!

Glad it wasn't a Q&A where I asked " Would you prefer to lose your arm or your leg?"
    Here are your three choices for the millionth post award:

1)Our maple pen & box set

2)Our diamond spun dial table clock with solid brass base & 3 hand movement; 6"x 6"

3)Black marble Tapered Book Ends; 5"x 8"x 2-1/2 "(ea)

Please make your award choice by 9 am/08/13/04. All choices are final and imaginary. Must be at least 18 years of age and absolutely love the music of Kid Rock. If imaginary gift is damaged in any way upon arrival of your imagination, the Fort cannot be held liable for replacement award. Finally, do not choke on any imaginary pieces. Thank you. Enjoy your gift you post-whore!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Maveno, your disclaimer is priceless!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Love the sig line, Eny
    Eny, I couldn't read your sig line, so I had to 'cut and paste' and put it into a word document so I could "read" it. OH. MY. GOD. The things you Mods put up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Enjoy your gift you post-whore!
    Wow. I bet she's going to be so excited!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Congratulations to the FoRT and J.D.!!!!

Many thanks to John and the rest of the mods who make this such a great site. I appreciate all the time and hard work.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast