+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Our One Millionth Post

Congrats to FORT, and J.D.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Woo-Hoo

JD will be excited when she finds out it was her post that made the millionth.

We're just one big post-hoing family.

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    So.......anyone read all of them?
    I betcha John has. There was one point where he said he read every post on here. Maybe he doesn't visit the Games forum too much, though. I don't know. At any rate, if ANYONE has, it's him.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    We need some FORT trivia for the occasion..

When was FORT born?
    Who made the first post?
    Who was the 1st mod after John?
    Which non-mod member has the highest post count?
    Youngest member?
    Oldest member?

Somebody write a FOR history essay and post it in here.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

FORT was born 9-13-2002
    The highest post count among the regular membership would be AIWANNABE. The highest besides the mods would be yours truly.
    We'll need to get the offical FORT historians in here to answer the first post and 1st mod questions. Since most joined on the same day, I would guess it was who was the fastest typist.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Update-Looks like fluff was the second to join after John
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I *think the youngest person on the board (with over 100 posts) is MSC (Moon Skin Child), although it *might* be Haej. Not 100 percent sure on that.

LG.
    very cool news. As one of the old fogies who has been here since the start I'm very proud of the website that we FORTies have all built together. And congrats to John, as this is his "baby" and we all count on him around the clock to keep it running like a well oiled machine. *and we gather in the chatroom and cry when for some reason it is down*
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Fort was born around September 16 , 2002 . We actually started a few days before that but I think that was the day John lit the torch and made us live to the net. The mods were all pretty much modded at once , (with the notable exception of 2)and were the only "original members". We found one of those 2 others on a golf course, and the other served us up spiked drinks til we let them join.

For the first while, we kind of chased each other around around. Then 25,000 or so others showed up, so we didn't have to entertain ourselves as much anymore. I think we determined a while ago that our lovely Cali started the first thread, but the first posts were likely Johns.

Our oldest mod is fourty-something , and the youngest is 25. For location , we are spread out around the US and Can and one in Oz.

As for the writers, non of them will cop to being the oldest , but the youngest is 18. They were all chosen for their exceptional posting skills. We figured that would translate to good writing , and we weren't wrong. They rock.

I think I've seen members as young as 13 which is why we keep a PG thirteen board. Oldest - well I do know of a couple in their 60's . I'm not going to "out" them , but if someone wants to brag - I'm not stopping them.

As for a million posts I hope at least some of them were worth reading.

Note : LG and I joined the exact same minute, and one of my fond memories was running screaming through the empty Fort halls with her.

LG.
    *hi fives Eny for joining the exact same minute*

yup, the mods ran wild here all by ourselves for a little bit before anyone else "discovered" our fantastic little website, which is also why so many of the mods ended up being show recappers - ah yes, necessity, that mother of invention.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast