+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who would you reunite with if you could?

I just had to bump this thread back up. Two weeks ago the love of my life dropped by my parents house just to say hello. I haven't seen or talked to him in at least 15 years. I think about him all the time and I knew he was married and had 3 kids but I never wanted to cause any problems for him by calling or writing him because I knew his wife absolutely does not want me around. Well guess what....he let my Mom, Dad and sister know that he is divorced and living fairly close by. His parents live about 3 miles from my parents and he was on the way to their house and had to pass by my parents, so he stopped. When my sister called my house to ask "Guess who just left here"?, I immediately thought of him. Why??? Mom and Dad both said he asked about me and he looks much the same as he always did, maybe with a little less hair in back! And now all I can do is think about him....even through work, home life, all of life's errands....I can't stop thinking about him. His mother has written me several times over the years and always says "call or come by anytime, we miss you". I have always been afraid to, but should I do it now? I am a married woman! Not always happily...but still married. I have a child. We were not only boyfriend/girlfriend for several years, we were good friends too and I have missed him. If there was any (living) person I could re-unite with, it would be him.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Oh gosh, Elizabeth, that is intense! I don't know what to tell you, but I'm dying to know how it turns out...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Premium Member
    Good luck to you ElizabethG. That has to be really hard.. and I don't think you will rest until you see him and find out.. things happen for a reason. Sounds like you were good enough friends that you could see him as a friend.. but you also called him the love of your life and that says a lot. I'm not saying I condone being unfaithful to your husband, but I think if you're sometimes unhappy now, you'll be miserable if you don't go find out what you need to know. I do not envy the position you are in, best of luck to you!

I have gotten in touch with my best friend from junior high, but wish she wrote more often and with more substance. I feel like she is leaving out a lot of details, but I am not sure why. She could not say or do anything that would make me dislike her. The only thing that makes any sense to me is that she might be gay and afraid to tell me. The small town we grew up in and I now live in was not so progressive. I just hope she opens up sooner than later. I would love to have her visit our new home some time.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    An old friend of mine got in touch with me not too long ago. Like Feifer's friend, she e-mails sporadically and without much substance. EXCEPT she'll drop in some crazy thing like "we're moving to XYZ place" (which is invariably half-way across the country) or "my husband may be going to jail" and then that's the sum-total of the 'news'. I try to be supportive, but it kinda seems weird that she just drops these one-line, no back story whoppers in the middle of the e-mail, then it's 2 months before I hear from her again.

But on topic, I'd like to reunite with my best friend from 3rd grade. She move after that year, and I visited her once but then lost touch. And there are some people from high school I'd like to follow up on, but they are the very kind that do not go to reunions.

I would reunite with my friend Tara. Just because she was so much fun and I really have no idea what happened to her. She seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth. We met back in 1988 when we both started working for the same company. She moved back to the East Coast, got married, then moved to SF, but stayed with the same company, and I would come up and visit with her. I eventually moved up to the Bay Area due to a promotion. She went back to school and after a while went to Europe on a trip related to what she was studying. I went to her party before she left and then I never heard from her again...that was in 1995/1996. I tried to get in touch with her and her husband but they dissappeared. I found it to be so strange. There was just something really special about her. She was so fun, so energetic, so emotional; she made life very interesting. I wonder if maybe she divorced, stayed in Europe or if something else happened. It's just so odd when you don't have any closure. I can't think of anything I could have done to offend her and I stayed with the same company until 1999 so I guess if she had wanted to track me down, she knew where to find me. It's one of those situations where I really feel something went on her in her life and maybe she just moved on...I guess I will never know.

I'd reunite with an old boyfriend, Jerry. We were in art school together and I was really in love. He had an old girlfriend with issues who he visited regularly and I couldn't handle the jealousy. I gave him an ultimatum and we broke up. It's funny that this thread just got bumped because I dreamt last night that we were getting married.
    Count your blessings!

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    I would reunite with my ex-best friend Kelly. we stopped being friends in eighth grade because of he say, she say stuff. she was such a good friend and was so nice to me. sometimes i really miss her friendship and wish that we could have settled things.

another person that i would reunite with is a boy named Mikey. we used to like each other but didn't get to go out because i went on vacation and when i got back he moved to Puerto Rico and i haven't seen him in over 4 years.
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

It's a toss up between my first boyfriend James and my favorite teacher Mr. Graziano .

My boyfriend was my secret, well at least from my family because I was fourteen and not allowed to date until sixteen. I had graduated from eighth grade and he was a junior in high school - wow I really thought I was the hot stuff to bag an upper classman. He was sweet too...nothing heavier than holding hands and a kiss. That was a long time ago and I really wouldn't mind seeing him, catching up.

My teacher taught psychology in high school and he was coolest teacher at the school! He was one of the few classes that even the 'burnouts' would attend his class. His class was so fun and engaging - I'd just like to give him kudos for the great job he did.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

I'd like to reunite with my best friend from the 1st grade. It seems like so long ago. She moved away after grade 1 and we just never kept in contact. I'd just really like to know how she's doing right now...if she's in university or college and how her family is doing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345