+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who would you reunite with if you could?

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I already did and it was wonderful!!!!

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    You mean to tell me that you mope around these threads like no one loves you, all the while having hot flings with sexy Latin chicks?

I'm only kidding, for those of you who are offended!
    Ah, that was years ago, now. Back in my younger, more impetuous days.

Now that I'm old, it's my duty to lament about love lost (or never had).

Besides, if she hadn't have moved away, I might not be so bitter now.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

I have an ex finacee that I'd like to reunite with just to finish closing off the past for both of us. There was too much left unsaid or said in anger that needs to be put to rest in a better way than what we have already. I did find him thru Classmates this past year...I even splurged on the membership just so I could email him...but our couple of emails still didn't address the issues that needed to be put to rest in my mind. I just need to see him face to face and get it all off my chest so I can really put my own past to it's final rest.

There's also a guy friend of mine that I've been trying to find and would love to reunite with. He was my first friend when I moved to Orlando and we were roommates several times off and on during an 8 year span (he'd have problems with his real roommates and move in with me for several months at a times until he got himself a new place). We went thru some of the most changing times in both of our lives together and he is still special in my heart 5 years later (since I've seen or talked to him). It was a fight that he and my husband got into that drove him away...he called a few times after that, but sadly it was better for me to ignore him than it was to fight with the husband myself about talking to him or hanging out with him. I've heard rumors he's in the Tampa area now, but all I can find for him is an old Orlando address that I actually drove to about 4 months ago and was told by a sweet old lady that he didn't live there and hadn't for atleast 2 years.

I have some long-lost girlfriends I'd like to reunite with, but mostly I would like to reunite with my friend Chris, whom over the 15 or so years we've known each other, has been my best friend, my boyfriend, my drinking buddy, my confidante, and one of the loves of my life. I haven't seen him for several years, but I still think about him, and miss him dearly.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I'd like to reunite with an old male friend (not a boyfriend) that I used to roommate with, who was more like a brother than my real brother! Just to see how we both turned out after our party days were over. I wouldn't do the Extreme Reunion, because he's not 30 miles from here, but the friendship was discontinued, I'm pretty sure, because his wife wasn't comfortable with it.
    Oh queenb, someone like that would be my top choice for a reunion as well. I had a friend DuWayne that was one of my best friends in college. Every single day, he would greet me with a bear hug and twirl me around. He was sort of geeky when I first met him and another friend and I taught him how to talk to girls. After a year, he had lifted weights and grown into his looks and was a strikingly good-looking guy. He was comfortable around women and struck up a relationship with a girl he had a crush on back when he was in high school. Well, she despised me and our other friend (also a girl) and thought we were after him (which we were most decidedly not. He was like a brother), so she made it impossible for us to stay friends. Now, I've moved to the town where his parents live (he used to take me to their house all the time) and I heard he moved back here too. But I haven't talked to him in 6 years. So yeah. DuWayne would be my pick.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    I lost a great friend several years ago when our personal life mixed with our work and church life. Suffice it to say that once our private problems became the topic of public debate, things were blown WAY out of proportion to the point that I had to distance myself from him, my job, and my church. It had gotten to the point that it was affecting our health and causing problems at work. The saddest part was that nothing improper ever happened, but it was made to look that way.

Thankfully, I was able to restore my health, locate another great job, and until I moved to my new house, I had found another nice church to attend. My only regret is the loss of my friend. It is my prayer that one day we can overcome our hurt feelings(I have already) and at least be friendly if ever we meet again.
    Just take a breath and relax...everything's going to be just fine...

FORT Fan
    Kind of hard to choose - there is Stacy, my best friend from 4th to 6th grade, one of the cool girls who befriended geeky me. We ran into each other just after high school but, because of who I was with, I was kind of weird to her and didn't talk with her as I really wanted. Also an old guy friend I knew at a very difficult time in my life. He was quite smitten with me, but it was not a good time, and so he just stayed a good friend and protector. I would like to tell him thankyou for being a gemtleman, and for looking out for me.

Most of all would be my friend Serge. We met when he was in the States as an exchange student. The instant I saw him I felt that tingle of recognition. His back was to me, so when he walked upstairs (it was in a coffee-house) and sat down and started reading, I thought "Look at me", and instantly his head popped up and he looked me right in the eye. We had such a connection. All of our mutual friends called us "The Lovers", but we were never physical; we would lie in bed next to each other and talk until the sun came up. (I was with someone at the time, and he would never have given me an ultimatum, while I wasn't strong enoough at the time to leave this other person without one). So, we were in love with each other, but in an almost courtly way. After a year here, he went home, and it felt like a part of me was being torn away. A year later I went to visit, and between us, the rapport just picked up where it had left off, and yet he was back to his life...then I came back to mine.

I don't know what I would say to him; I would just love to see him. I still think of him as someone very dear to me.

There was this girl, Audrey, in 5th grade. She and I were the smartest kids in the class, and I was really drawn to her, even though I was only 10 or 11. On the last day of school, I left her a note, asking her to "go with me." Whatever that means. At any rate, halfway through the summer, she called me and said she'd love to go with me. I was very excited for 6th grade to start so I could see Audrey. Well, when school started, she wouldn't even talk to me or look at me! Turns out a former girlfriend of mine, Glenda, was the REAL person who called me that day. And apparently, she'd had words with Audrey, as well. A few weeks into the school year, Audrey and her family moved away, and I've never heard from her again.

I'd love to reunite with Audrey, just to find out what really happened that summer. You know, what she thought of my note, what she thought of me (we had been really good friends in 5th grade), and what Glenda told her to make her so upset with me. I'd also like to know what she'd done with herself. She was very intelligent, and I'm hopeful that she's had a great life.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I am assuming we are naming those who are still with us? I'd like to reunite with two extra special people who have passed.

On a lighter note:

James, my first love. A great guy, I hope he is happy.
    Sandy, I'd like to find out why she left so abruptly.

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    I would like to reunite with my friend Anna from kindergarten, who was my only friend then.
    I was in love with a difficult man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast