+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Technogeeks unite!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    One time I tried calling my b/f's cell phone number from my cell phone - we are on the family Cingular plan and when I dialed his number, it would go directly to his voice mail. Meaning, I could listen to his voice mail messages and I knew this b/c there was one there from me. It was the strangest thing!
    Geez, it's like you were on the "Being John Malkovich Friends & Family Plan" or something...
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Download Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 here.

I still like Mozilla Firefox better than Internet Explorer, but I've been using IE7 all day, and I (grudgingly) admit there's a lot to like about it.

Keep in mind it's a "beta" (read: test version). Use at your own risk.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    A FORTer sent me this link so that I could find info about flash drives. I have a 256 mb Lexar that I bought for $14 @ Target and I've never even taken it out of the package! Why did I buy it? Uh, cause I saw someone else with one and thought it was neat and it was only $14 and I also thought I'd look like I knew stuff about computers ...(um, don't forget I've never even taken it out of the package yet!) .

But reading over this thread has made me realize that I have a very boring ho-hum life! I don't have a Blackberry, PDA, wireless internet, DVD burner, TiVo, laptop, etc. etc. I have a Razor phone but I don't have anyone to text (unless I'm voting for AI). I don't even have a clue how wireless internet works (plus I'm attached to Bellsouth for awhile since I have their DSL). My computer is a 2002 hp pavilion mx703 with Windows XP on it and very little space left to add anything else.

I work for an attorney so I don't get any of the great stuff some of you guys get from work...heck he just recently bought me a scanner to use and I think I'm in hog heaven because my bootie can stay plastered in my seat more now!!

I love reading about all this stuff and wish I was more computer savvy or even had the NEED to use some of that stuff...I love looking at the Blackberry but have no earthly idea what I'd do with one other than "thinking" I "looked" like a big dawg!

Heck, I got a VCR/DVD recorder for Christmas so I can transfer things I have saved on VCR tapes to DVD's and all I've managed to learn how to do on it is tape more stuff on VCR tapes!!!

Oh well, I will live vicariously thru my fellow FORTers, even tho for the most part I have no idea what language you are speaking!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm definitely in the wrong thread. I'm on windows 98, on dial-up, don't have a cell phone, never played x-box or a game-boy, and have rabbit ears on my tv. I'm outta here!
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-05-2006 at 12:19 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Well, its been a year and I'm still in love with my Treo 650.

I recently added the software that allows me to play .mp3 sings for ringtones instead of those silly polyphonic tunes. (better late than never) I also have a diet journal/calorie counter for all foods imaginable. I use the MP3 player when I'm working out with headphones (or I can plug in speakers to the phone or into the tape player of my car) and I recently saw where you can install software that works as a programmable master remote (because you can beam the signal to your TV/home entertainment systems).

Decided not to get the mobile Tom Tom GPS software since its still pricey (upthread). Never purchased the WIFI card either since I like my desktop for internet surfing.

But overall, this "smartphone" is still getting better and better! It just needs to be smaller, but the case I have attaches to the waistline of my pants pretty easily.

The new 700 model is for anyone that prefers Windows based operating systems over Palm, but is essentially the same.

I can't say enough good things about this phone!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Treo 700 question

Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife View Post

The new 700 model is for anyone that prefers Windows based operating systems over Palm, but is essentially the same.

I can't say enough good things about this phone!
    Do you know if the 700 model will still run on Palm software or just Windows based? My boss was asking and I couldn't find a "straight" answer online. But maybe I didn't try hard enough.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    You might try this website PGM: www.everythingtreo.com

There's a forum there and they have a big discussion about the 700. It is my understanding (and I could be way wrong), but you can only have windows or the palm OS...not both.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Okay - does any one know how/if you can restrict hotlinking from a personal website? I store images that I post on here and elsewhere on my own website/webhosting thingamajig. But someone saw my images posted on here and then hotlinked one of them on two other message boards. It's not a huge deal, I know I can always just remove the image. But I'd like to prevent it in the future to conserve my allowable transfer bandwidth. I'd still like to be able to hotlink myself, though. Has anyone had experience with this? Is it some setting or some permission thing I would have to do through my host or is there some other little secret?
    Last edited by burntbrat; 06-20-2006 at 09:49 PM.

Wireless Sound System

I'm looking for some advice. I was considering a BOSE docking station for our iPODS but maybe a wireless sound system that works off our computer would be better. So here are my questions:

Can the BOSE docking station network with wireless speakers to carry music throughout the home? I've checked out their site but can't determine if it does.

Or, is there a good system that can work with my computer to play music throughout my home via our network and wireless speakers? I've seen a few in magazines (Real Simple) that have the wireless LCD that controls the system but am not sure how it all works. We have our house set up with mostly mac's and one PC and use an airport extreme station for our wireless. So whatever we purchase would have to be compatible with mac.

Any thoughts, websites or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm almost due for a cell phone upgrade (I have Verizon). My battery life is down to 8hrs before a charge and I'm two months away from the contractual upgrade. I figure the difference between buying a battery for two months versus the rebate you get with a contract upgrade is minimal so I'm going to see if they'll throw me a bone and let me upgrade early.

With that said, is anyone familiar with the LG enV? The QWERTY keypad is a big selling point for me.

You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread