+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Technogeeks unite!

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Does anyone have the new Tom Tom's? Specifically, the Navigator 5 that converts your Smartphone PDA to a GPS navigation system?

I have the Palm Treo 650 and was thinking about adding the Tom Tom as an option....it looks like a good deal when you see $299.95 as compared to the other Tom Tom system that is $899

But what's the catch in the price difference? Is it because the Smartphones were part of the initial investment or is it truly an entirely different set of features?

The Tomtom.com website doesn't have "great" product information, just a summary of features.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Anyone here have the Delphi XM MyFi Personal Satellite Receiver? How is it?

Because I've been a good boy this year (), I think Santa is leaving a PlayStation 2 under the Christmas tree.

My first purchases for it will be the Logitech wireless controller and a memory card, but I know next to nothing about PS games and wonder if anyone had any recommendations for ubiquitous games for the PS. I don't like sports games at all, but I like first person shooters, adventure, some roleplaying and some racing. Ideas, suggestions, raves? Thanks!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy X and X-2. The graphics are great and the stories are really absorbing.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by starlette01350 View Post
    I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy X and X-2. The graphics are great and the stories are really absorbing.
    Mm. I really liked Final Fantasy VIII and forgot all about that series until you reminded me. Thank you, Starlette! I just checked the prices on Amazon, and they're both under $20--in my price range, too!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    By the way Phat, the Treo now has a wi-fi card you can buy.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife View Post
    By the way Phat, the Treo now has a wi-fi card you can buy.
    My goodness, Igotamemory, you have one hell of a memory! That was what? Seven months ago we discussed the Treo?

Yeah, since we last spoke, I've switched phones twice--not one, but two, Samsung phones. I know Samsung is the latest hot company, but these phones have been cah-rap. I've given up on the idea of a personal organizer and just load all my contacts, calendar entries and to-do lists to my Yahoo! account. That way, they're available anywhere I have Internet access.

So...do you have any recommendations for PlayStation games?

Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    My goodness, Igotamemory, you have one hell of a memory! That was what? Seven months ago we discussed the Treo?

Yeah, since we last spoke, I've switched phones twice--not one, but two, Samsung phones. I know Samsung is the latest hot company, but these phones have been cah-rap. I've given up on the idea of a personal organizer and just load all my contacts, calendar entries and to-do lists to my Yahoo! account. That way, they're available anywhere I have Internet access.

So...do you have any recommendations for PlayStation games?
    I've had a lot of trouble with my Samsung phone too, although it might be more of a problem with my phone service. I once missed a call and went to my menu to see who called. But when I started going through my phone book and call list it was someone else's information (!). I closed and reopened the phone, and everything was back to normal thankfully.

I usually stick to Squaresoft games for Playstation. Threads of Fate is cute, but pretty simple and geared more towards kids. Chrono Cross is also pretty good, although I got a bit bored of it after awhile when I couldn't beat one of the bosses. Legend of Mana is also fun with unique graphics and customizable gameplay. FFVIII is supposed to be really amazing, although I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. For non-RPG games, Crash Team Racing always amused me.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

I've had a lot of trouble with my Samsung phone too, although it might be more of a problem with my phone service. I once missed a call and went to my menu to see who called. But when I started going through my phone book and call list it was someone else's information (!). I closed and reopened the phone, and everything was back to normal thankfully.
    Yeah, I'd say that would be a problem. (You should have made some calls off his/her address book, or, at the very least, sent some text messages. )

I don't like the navigation buttons on the phone. I always find myself fat-fingering the keys. Also, while the phone feels "well built," it has some cheap-feeling features, like the font on the display, etc. I know, I know--picky.

By the way, if you live in Manhatten, you wouldn't happen to be a Verizon customer, would you? My brother lives in New York, and he's with Verizon. He told me they're big in the Northeast.

I'm with Cingular, and it's "eh." I neither love it nor hate it. But I'm already into Bellsouth/Cingular for local phone service, long distance, DSL and cell service, so The Man sticks me with a pretty big bill every month.

I usually stick to Squaresoft games for Playstation. Threads of Fate is cute, but pretty simple and geared more towards kids. Chrono Cross is also pretty good, although I got a bit bored of it after awhile when I couldn't beat one of the bosses. Legend of Mana is also fun with unique graphics and customizable gameplay. FFVIII is supposed to be really amazing, although I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. For non-RPG games, Crash Team Racing always amused me.
    Awesome! Thanks for the great advice!

One time I tried calling my b/f's cell phone number from my cell phone - we are on the family Cingular plan and when I dialed his number, it would go directly to his voice mail. Meaning, I could listen to his voice mail messages and I knew this b/c there was one there from me. It was the strangest thing!

+ Reply to Thread